Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

HRT and mother genetics? (also hello i guess)

Started by SakiOroku, December 01, 2018, 09:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SakiOroku

Hi, um I am new here. Nice to meet you all I guess, I am 16 MTF and have been trans for about 3 years and started hrt about 3 months ago I think, I started on just <dosage removed> spiro at the end of August right before school started (I am a junior) and then went on estradiol <dosage removed> at the end of october (like literally the day before halloween) and my spiro was boosted <dosage removed>! Despite me drinking plenty of water and acne is supposed to clear up on MTF HRT, my friend at school (who is a senior) says that my acne is increasing a lot since I started estradiol, my mom (who is a natural born female) had a lot of acne when she was younger (and when I say her acne was bad, oh yeah it was bad! lmao) My dad (who is a natural born male) barely and never really had acne! So I am wondering since I am starting to develop "femininely" could this be the genetics from my mom and how she developed? Could I be developing exactly how my mom developed? Thank You!

<edit by moderator>
  •  

Jessica

Hi SakiOroku 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
Genetics plays a very important part in how you react to HRT, and your mothers genes are reflective of what you may expect.

I see you're new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

I see you are also one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum and get acquainted with us all!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Lynne

Quote from: Jessica on December 01, 2018, 10:50:05 PM
Hi SakiOroku 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
Genetics plays a very important part in how you react to HRT, and your mothers genes are reflective of what you may expect.

I see you're new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

I see you are also one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum and get acquainted with us all!

I wonder if it's always the mother's genes that influence how we look after HRT. I inherited my general body shape and certain facial traits from my father and I wonder if I'll have big breasts like the women in my father's side of the family.
  •  

KathyLauren

We get out genes from both sides of the family.  Men carry "female" genes, such as those governing breast size and other "feminine" characteristics, just as women do.  So your outcome will be a blend of your mother's and father's influences.  You will likely get some characteristics from one parent and other characteristics from the other. 

It could well be that your susceptibility to acne is inherited from your mother.  That does not mean that you will inherit everything from your mother.

My hair comes from my mother, for sure.  My facial features come from my father's side of the family: I look a lot like my paternal grandmother.  My boobs could be from either one or a blend of both, since both my mother and my father's mother had small breasts.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lynne on December 23, 2018, 08:17:56 AM
I wonder if it's always the mother's genes that influence how we look after HRT. I inherited my general body shape and certain facial traits from my father and I wonder if I'll have big breasts like the women in my father's side of the family.
In a lot of cases, it is the mothers genes we inherit, they seem to be dominant.  When I look at pictures of my mother, we could be sisters now that i start to emphasize the feminin look of my face.  But again, because of being intersex, I might be different than most of you, because I never got the more tough male skin, and other masculine facial features.

SakiOroku, who is still very young, might not have finished puberty yet, and might not get the secondary male sex characteristics either, because of HRT.  There is a very good chance that she would be similar to her mother like I am, just caused by other reasons.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•