Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How I got top surgery for only $0.66 as a minor

Started by asherdunc, December 03, 2018, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asherdunc

Hi all,
On November 27, 2018, I got periareolar top surgery with Dr. Mosser. I just got my bandages and drains out this morning and boy, is this man a second coming of Michelangelo. My results are amazing and there is barely any swelling or any bruising. Well, I know you're all probably here to learn how to get top surgery for only $0.66, so let me tell you. First off, my insurance is Blue Shield of California and it is a PPO. Dr. Mosser has an agreement with them, but keep in mind, I am not 18 so I was not technically eligible for their agreement. I have an amazing therapist who works out of Stanford, so I'm pretty sure when they read her letter, they probably just decided that she was legit enough. Additionally, I got an additional letter from my family physician. I started the process in January, but didn't really officially get the ball rolling till about late May. I had my consultation with him(via phone) in June, and there was a bit of confusion with the hospital(because I'm a minor), so I didn't get my pre-op till November. I still didn't have my surgery completely confirmed till 18 days before so it was quite a nerve-wrecking process. The reason my surgery was $0.66 was because of a prescription that was not covered by insurance. Dr. Mosser was amazing to work with and used very broad anatomical terms that made me feel comfortable. I feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity and I still feel like this past week has been a dream. A few things; the drains do not hurt when they are taken out. The most painful part is when they took the steristrips off my nipples. Remember, you are still numb because your nerves haven't fully reconnected yet, so you barely feel the drain, just a bit of tugging. I must warn you though, I felt quite lightheaded after his assistant pulled out my drains and when I stood up, I almost fainted, but his assistant was extremely kind and he sat me down and got me some water. They do use niolon monofilament to attech the JP drain to your body, and after about day 4, it starts to itch really bad. Lastly, I'm not sure if I just got really lucky, but I had almost no pain. I just took Arnica Montana(30x) and Bromelain(3000GDU) for 3 days and I was fine. In fact, I went on a nice walk the day after surgery. Start the anti-constipation meds(Docusate Sodium)2 days before surgery and you should be fine. I still have a bit of constipation after a week, but I'm glad I started the meds early. As for nausea, I threw up after surgery(not usual for me), but the hospital gave me this little aromatherapy thing that helped. My appetite has been quite low, but that's probably because I'm normally really active.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: asherdunc on December 03, 2018, 10:29:12 PM
The most painful part is when they took the steristrips off my nipples.
How do you like Steristrips® compared to standard sutures?  They were brought to you by my lab!  Steristrips® prevent the typical scar caused by suturing skin.  Another possibility they could have used, would have been tissue adhesive.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Dietlind on December 04, 2018, 12:23:07 AM
How do you like Steristrips® compared to standard sutures?  They were brought to you by my lab!  Steristrips® prevent the typical scar caused by suturing skin.  Another possibility they could have used, would have been tissue adhesive.

I've always been more than passingly fond of Steristrips. Easy to use, effective and quicker than a suture..
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: PurplePelican on December 04, 2018, 01:06:57 AM
I've always been more than passingly fond of Steristrips. Easy to use, effective and quicker than a suture..
I use them for different applications around the house, too.  always handy and cut to the right size (but I have a never ending supply of them, too  >:-))

•  

zirconia

I try to always have some on hand. They're lovely, although they cost more than I really should spend on them.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: zirconia on January 19, 2019, 05:37:09 PM
I try to always have some on hand. They're lovely, although they cost more than I really should spend on them.
I m a little luckier, I get them for free (some times it is good if one mained good connections to the labbies still working at ones place of former employment)

•