Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Having more frequent night mare related to hrt

Started by Michelledeanna1989, December 05, 2018, 12:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelledeanna1989

Not sure if anyone else had this effect and I'm not sure
If it's from Hrt or something else unrelated. Since the springso a few months into hrt ive noticed
I recall my dreams more regularly but I'm finding I have nightmares probably once or twice a week. Generally they are pretty violent and I generally have a hard time falling back to sleep
Once I do wake up. The only other thing besides transitioning I can think of grief I have ioccasionally. From losing my mom to cancer in 2015.

Any helps appreciated..

Thanks
Michelle
  •  

LizK

Hi Michelle

In the early days of me finally realising I had to deal with my gender issues and before starting HRT or even getting any help I had very lucid dreams. They were all involving members of my family and they were horrible. Some impacted me for days and on most occasions left me sobbing uncontrollably. In some instances I was so distressed I would call out and even threw myself out of bed I was so terrified.

The worst part is they always involvedjm the people I loved the most 

They began to subside as I got into therapy and got help. I only have them rarely now and most times I no longer remember them but still wake up crying or sometimes my partner can hear me.

I hope you can find a way to deal with them
Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •