Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Life changes besides the mental and physical after hrt

Started by Michelledeanna1989, December 22, 2018, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelledeanna1989

When I came out almost a year ago. 
I took Two months off for stress leave after I just came out then switched jobs
To another hotel that treated me poorly I was misgendered and laughed at
By the owner of the hotel and lied to about my schedule I worked anyshift some I'd work 8:30pm to 4am then the rest of the day off to sleep and then 8am the day it wasn't great split days off etc I was promised 9-5 Monday to Friday so I wasn't happy. Coming to them from Westin I found. Thats very unprofessional and quit
Then tried cleaning house but it was supposed to be a seemless job transition and on what
Would of been my first day of work. I went into emergency at 4am and by 7am I was
Diagnosed with  Appendicitis so had emergency surgery that evening
Then was off work for 3 more weeks.  After that I worked at that company for a
Couple months it was a subcontractor position and the cost of fuel was my reason for leaving as I
Was spending 90 a week on Premium fuel. The joys of owning a german car.
Then went to a competitor and it was better but my issue was they where over staffed
So say they stayed 8 to 4:30 was my day but in reality it was 8 to 1pm. I left went back on disability, I have mild aspergers a kidney disease and a learning disability.  Then I've been collecting disability and I am able to work part time so I'm using it as an opportunity to go to
College. I wrote an assessment exam at the college. I did really well. I'm 1 English credit shy
Of starting in September 2019 so I'm going to upgrade over the spring and summer and work part time. I done mainly housekeeping and janitorial for 10 years and now I'm going into healthcare once I finish, I don't know if others who are in there late twenties or so has so experience after
Starting transition but I had no idea. When starting how much everything changes like my job I moved into my first apartment not that wise but I don't regret it. Plus living a block from
The beach / ocean is a big plus. Hopefully the 2nd year is bettter in away it's like my dysphoria blocked all my priorities before coming out. It's like I didn't care and now I feel like I'm starting over, I'm just about at 1 year on hrt but I feel like I'm finally figuring out my life. Before I came out. I had a lot to go threw with my kidneys I had to fight for my life and I did it more then once.
I went to Australia. A childhood dream, i lost my mom to cancer at 26. i bought land with my brother And a couple friends in Baja Mexico. But now even with the good it's everything else I ignored for so long. Like I didn't care to get an education now I do care. I didn't want to live past 30 now I want to be healthy and live a long life. Even my old job I was a groundskeeper at a Westin resort making next to nothing and not caring to improve my life. Now it's like I see my old self  from before as someone who I wouldn't know was me. I'm not sure if it's turning 30 in a few months or what's changed but I didn't  know just how much would change or I would want changed about the life I lived before and that I live today.. even with the occasional doubt or fear. It's like I have so much to live for now VS how I was. From what my friends told me I'm much more. Confident in myself and happy now. I didn't really think before I started that I'd change so many other things in my life
It's almost as though my life has purpose and meaning now.   I don't know if this just maybe the age I'm at or if other dragged themselves threw life prior to transitioning or if it's common. that I also know it's probably not common to have your appendix removed but everything besides that.
Mainly the life changes not so much the physical or emotional / mental. 
  •  

DawnOday

Here are a few suggestions.  WGU online college. Majors - Teaching, Medical, IT and Business. Generally around $6500 per year.   Http:\\WGU.EDU

MIT online - Free... Online courses that you can get certification for a small fee from one of the premiere universities in the US.   https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

Free programming classes. Quite a few of these If you have no computer experience you may start with Khan Academy to learn basics.  https://www.w3schools.com/
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Allison S

Wow, your post hits home for me. I turned 28 this past June and full time in September... Being viewed as a "woman" has changed my life in ways I never imagined would ever happen for me... While I accomplished things before transitioning and living my truth, dysphoria was ruining me. No matter how much I tried to better my life or what I did, I was held back in every way. That became my worldview and how I expect my life to be... But yet it isn't? I'm in limbo right now and in shock still too.

I don't think dysphoria is going away anytime soon though, if ever. That's just the new reality.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•