Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Electrolysis questions

Started by ChrissyRyan, December 24, 2018, 09:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

When you get electrolysis, do they remove any light fuzzy hair on the back of the neck that is really not part of your hairstyle?

I noticed that some cosmetics companies sell stuff that is a facial hair depilatory, some are called hair removers.  Have you tried those?  Avon, Sally Hansen, Olay are three of them.  Do they work well? 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Kendra

I had a huge amount of electrolysis and never considered the hair on back of neck.  Cisgender women have light/thin "vellus" hair, it's almost invisible and helps the body regulate temperature or something like that.  Also consider many women have a longer hairstyle and that covers hair on back of neck.

A functional reason to avoid electrolysis on back of neck is that area is sometimes used as a donor/source site for hair transplants.  Depending on age at start of MtF HRT, genetics and other factors you might not need that but things can change as we age.

Chemical hair depilatories may work but I only tried it once.  The burning sensation was horrible, I immediately showered off the Nair and the burning continued for a half hour.  After that experience I went back to shaving until starting laser and then electrolysis. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Dani

The hair on the back of your neck can be removed by a depilatory, but it will grow back in a few months. For permanent hair removal, you need laser or electrolysis.

Some hair on the back of the neck is normal for all women, but if you have too much and it bothers you, then electrolysis is the most permanent way of getting rid of unwanted hair.
  •  

Linde

I did not even know that people had hair growing on the back of their neck.  I don't have any.  But I learn more and more about at which places some people have hair growing.
Money saved again for not needing to remove that hair!

Is it common to have lots of hair growing on the hands and/or he fingers?  I have seen some Latino guys, they had hair growing on the inside of the lower arms, on their hands and their fingers.  I have a few, hardly visible hairs growing an the back of my hands, but no hair at all on my fingers.

Well , Merry Christmas and happy hair removal!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Dani

The amount of body hair depends mainly on your genetic heritage. Asians and North Europeans seem to have less hair on their arms and hands compared to Mediterranean people.
  •