Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Kathe Perez... Leading Speech Pathologist for MTF voice training

Started by DawnOday, December 29, 2018, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

Kathe Perez is offering her voice training course Eve, over the next two days for only $0.99. That's like giving it away.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

AnonyMs

•  

Linde

02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Dietlind on December 29, 2018, 10:03:23 PM
Where can one sign up for it?

Its an app on Apple devices. You install it for free, but pay for each lesson. The original price is $5.

Its got quite good reviews.

Its from here

http://exceptionalvoiceapp.com/
  •  

Linde

Quote from: AnonyMs on January 03, 2019, 09:31:19 AM
Its an app on Apple devices. You install it for free, but pay for each lesson. The original price is $5.

Its got quite good reviews.

Its from here

http://exceptionalvoiceapp.com/
Thanks
I checked the Google Play Store, and there are a million and a half voice training aps, but not this one!

•  

Mathea

Dietlind, I could only find EVA on my Apple devices.

I have been using it for the last year and it has done wonders, especially for training pitch. It is instructive, but not quite as good for other aspects of speech. After a year of training, I can produce a wholly female voice. My daughter loves it when I read the dialogue of female characters in her books to her  :) However, I am still unable to converse in that voice.  It seems that I need to mimic or use a script for it to work. In order to get beyond that, I think some psychological unlocking or conversational exercise with an actual human therapist may be needed. There are probably limits to what an app can do.

For Android, you can use a different app called VoiceUp. It is not as extensive as EVA, but I find it great (and more efficient) for finding my voice and for practicing resonance.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Mathea on January 04, 2019, 05:34:54 AM
Dietlind, I could only find EVA on my Apple devices.

I have been using it for the last year and it has done wonders, especially for training pitch. It is instructive, but not quite as good for other aspects of speech. After a year of training, I can produce a wholly female voice. My daughter loves it when I read the dialogue of female characters in her books to her  :) However, I am still unable to converse in that voice.  It seems that I need to mimic or use a script for it to work. In order to get beyond that, I think some psychological unlocking or conversational exercise with an actual human therapist may be needed. There are probably limits to what an app can do.

For Android, you can use a different app called VoiceUp. It is not as extensive as EVA, but I find it great (and more efficient) for finding my voice and for practicing resonance.
I am in a similar situation.  The only difference is that my natural voice is rather high pitch.  I can sing along in a mezzo soprano voice without any problem, because there, like in a book, the pitch and level of voice is out of my control (which means, I do not have to format the text for my own speech), and it is rather easy for me to sing song after song like this!  But once it gets to free speech, this stupid male pattern comes back in.
I was out yesterday with a female friend, and prior to that at an endocrinologist, at which I spoke with my female voice only, and I kept on going a little later with that voice with my girl friend, and I had no problem t use the female voice with her.  Which means, I spoke with this voice for about 1/2 day, and could do it without any slip into the male thing.  It is all a thing of training!  I wonder if I could have kept the female voice if I would have talked with a male, or if I would have slipped back into the comfortable male pattern again?

I used voice up to test my normal voice, and that is clearly in the low to mid  female range!  I really need somebody to hit me over the head each time I slip back into the male pattern, until I am not doing this anymore!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on January 04, 2019, 09:40:04 AM
I am in a similar situation.  The only difference is that my natural voice is rather high pitch.  I can sing along in a mezzo soprano voice without any problem, because there, like in a book, the pitch and level of voice is out of my control (which means, I do not have to format the text for my own speech), and it is rather easy for me to sing song after song like this!  But once it gets to free speech, this stupid male pattern comes back in.
I was out yesterday with a female friend, and prior to that at an endocrinologist, at which I spoke with my female voice only, and I kept on going a little later with that voice with my girl friend, and I had no problem t use the female voice with her.  Which means, I spoke with this voice for about 1/2 day, and could do it without any slip into the male thing.  It is all a thing of training!  I wonder if I could have kept the female voice if I would have talked with a male, or if I would have slipped back into the comfortable male pattern again?

I used voice up to test my normal voice, and that is clearly in the low to mid  female range!  I really need somebody to hit me over the head each time I slip back into the male pattern, until I am not doing this anymore!

Part of it is when speaking with woman and men of interest a woman's voice tends to go up in pitch. When giving orders the pitch is generally slightly lower in pitch.

Just keep using your female voice and don't consciously use your male voice and you'll get used to keeping the pitch up and the inflection and resonance utilized. It's all about getting used to it. Speaking of which any news on when the voice session thing is starting?
  •  

Mathea

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 04, 2019, 09:49:48 AM
Just keep using your female voice and don't consciously use your male voice and you'll get used to keeping the pitch up and the inflection and resonance utilized. It's all about getting used to it.
I suppose that's true. But I'm far from full-time, so I sadly don't have the opportunity to keep a consistent voice. It would be so good to switch between male and female voice at will, but to achieve that seems almost impossible, despite all the progress I have made.  :(
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Mathea on January 07, 2019, 07:22:55 AM
I suppose that's true. But I'm far from full-time, so I sadly don't have the opportunity to keep a consistent voice. It would be so good to switch between male and female voice at will, but to achieve that seems almost impossible, despite all the progress I have made.  :(
I am kind of able to do this.  If I am around females, I hardly have problems to keep p my female voice, but with men I automatically switch to the male pattern, no matter if I present as a male or a female.  I simply have to get a better control over the way I use my voice.  It is a thing that can be learned (after all actors learn to speak in different dialects and whatever), and I have to learn to keep my voice in a level which is appropriate for my presentation.

I don't know whether Natalie is still able to switch at will from female to male and vice versa, now that she has a perfect sounding female voice?

•