Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you STP and use urinals?

Started by skipulus, December 30, 2018, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipulus

I have recently transitioned to male and I'm 45. After decades of being identified as a bloke in the ladies; a major perk is that now I can use men's and urinals and none to date has challenged it. I have been reading and watching other FTM's testimonies and the thing I see or read all the time is that the guys don't use the urinals!

I'm puzzled by this, frankly I am!
Don't get me wrong here, if it isn't your thing or you aren't comfortable, heaven't got a STP with you or at all etc. that is fine, each their own.
What puzzles me is that I have found it hard to find those that share my narrative.

When I got my first STP which I ordered online in the same breath as coming out in full I immediately started experimenting with urinals.
I would hold it until I could use a public urinal rather than going where there were unisex toilets or at home etc.
I would take the dog for extra walks to be able to discretely fertilise a tree.
For me, it was and still is liberating. It takes care of a whole chunk of my dysphoria.

I haven't found a similar narrative from other guys, instead I have found all the narrative similar to the one in the link where guys either have an STP but don't use urinals or don't have an STP.

Talking to guys that were assigned male from birth they find STP at urinals etc to be a part of their manhood. It is the male privilege.
It has also been very centre-point in masculinity in my part of the world at least, (N Europe).

I also feel in the whole political debate going on in US with the unisex toilets and law against trans using their gendered toilets that I'm expected to prefer a unisex toilet, but I don't.

So tell me your stories guys, please!

<link removed by moderator>

•  

Northern Star Girl

@skipulus   
Dear Skipulus:
     I am sorry that I have to break in on your posting but first we need to take care of my Official Greeting task.
I am happy to see your very first few postings since you signed up as a member more than a week ago on December 16, 2018.   

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@skipulus
Oh, and another thing, Skipulus,
Please make a point to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself.   

Your introduction there will permit other members here to know of your arrival... and you can expect more sharing of thoughts with other members... an as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

NOTE  Now, after all of this Official Greeting stuff I will let you now have your thread back and time to do some more postings..

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

skipulus

Dear Alaskan
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I will write an introduction to the forum.
I have been trying to find others to relate to and get some feedback ant tips on good strategies etc and this forum does seem to be a good place for it

•  

dutch_boy

I tend not to use the urinals because I seize up when someone is next to me and it feels really stupid to just be standing there and nothing comes out. If I know I'm gonna be alone though, I will. Or stand to pee in a stall.
  •  

mac1

Even having a penis, I always felt uncomfortable using a urinal especially when standing next to another guy.  I quit using urinals (and even standing) over 21 years ago.  I find it to be much more comfortable and relaxing to sit to pee.  The biggest problem is the frequent lack of stalls in many men's restrooms (and frequently limited privacy due to inadequate stall partitions).

I would use the women's restroom, where adequate stalls and privacy walls are provided, if it was acceptable.
?
  •  

skipulus

Quote from: dutch_boy on January 04, 2019, 02:45:37 PM
I tend not to use the urinals because I seize up when someone is next to me and it feels really stupid to just be standing there and nothing comes out. If I know I'm gonna be alone though, I will. Or stand to pee in a stall.

I get a shy bladder especially if there are many. My bladder isn't used to performing in front of an audience. It helos to havea full bladder and repeated attempts desensitises it. Meaning that you will stop noticing or be as affected. Don't worry about nothing coming out. They won't notice, and a lot of them will have their own difficulty with peeing. I know its easier said than done.

•  

skipulus

Quote from: mac1 on January 20, 2019, 12:55:39 PM
Even having a penis, I always felt uncomfortable using a urinal especially when standing next to another guy.  I quit using urinals (and even standing) over 21 years ago.  I find it to be much more comfortable and relaxing to sit to pee.  The biggest problem is the frequent lack of stalls in many men's restrooms (and frequently limited privacy due to inadequate stall partitions).

I would use the women's restroom, where adequate stalls and privacy walls would be provided, if it was acceptable.

This is interesting and likely helpful for many ftm to read.
I have always been the opposite.
I find the whole process of sitting down so cumbersome. I also felt very uncomfortable in the ladies because I could be challenged at any moment and often was although not in any drastic way.
I don't feel quite so scrutinised in the men's as I did in the ladies

•  

mac1

Quote from: skipulus on January 20, 2019, 05:38:01 PM
This is interesting and likely helpful for many ftm to read.
I have always been the opposite.
I find the whole process of sitting down so cumbersome. I also felt very uncomfortable in the ladies because I could be challenged at any moment and often was although not in any drastic way.
I don't feel quite so scrutinised in the men's as I did in the ladies
What made you feel uncomfortable in the restrooms (female & male)?
?
  •  

skipulus

Quote from: mac1 on January 21, 2019, 09:50:27 PM
What made you feel uncomfortable in the restrooms (female & male)?

I haven't felt uncomfortable in the male's at all!
I only feel uncomfortable in the ladies. As I explained, at any given time I could be challanged in the ladies because they saw me as a bloke.
So they would say something like: "this is the ladies!" or they would turn around and leave. Occationally someone would just stop and stare at me untill I was done.
I have always been and looked masculine.

Since transitioning and starting to use men's I have never had any such experience. Not so much as a second glance.

Women really like to chat in the toilets and they will start chatting with you when you are in your stall doing your business. They also congregate in the toilets to chat things over that they don't want men to know or to comfort each other when they are upset.
They do their make-up there and can take over practically the whole counter for their stuff and don't move an inch even though you start to wash your hands among all the small purses with diffrent types of stuff.
Many will not want there to be any sound from your business. The younger once will even comment on it, if they are in a group which they often are.

Then there is the period waste which doesn't always find its way to the wastbin that is within an arms reach of them on the toilet and the smell can be horrible. Sometimes the smell is enhanced because of infections which can make it very strong.
For these reason as a bloke, I wouldn't care for there only to be unisex bathrooms if the idea is that it is basically a ladies with the label swapped out for a unisex label, i.e. a row of locked stalls with joint sinks.

I'm in fact really relieved not to share toilets with women anymore.

•