Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Name Change and Background Checks

Started by CursedFireDean, January 01, 2019, 03:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CursedFireDean

I just wanted to vent a little bit about a frustrating aspect of my name change which I completed 2 years ago.

I constantly fail background/identity checks and need to provide further proof of my identity to whoever is doing the checks. Banks, credit cards, volunteer opportunities, it drives me up the wall. I basically show up (according to my HR department) as 'social security number likely belongs to someone else.'

I'm young (22) and my dad says it'll stop happening as time goes on and I establish myself under my new name. He says recently married women have the same issue.

Drives me crazy. I just want to forget about the name change. I'm sure one day I'll be able to laugh about this, but for now, it's annoying.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

Devlyn

I don't know if you saw my post awhile back, but I was selling a car that I bought as Michael. The dealer asked for the title, looks it over, and says "What relation are you to Michael?" I handed him my court order for the name change, and said "We're one and the same, I've transitioned male to female." He invited me on the test ride, and we were no sooner in the car than he tells me his granddaughter is transitioning, and would it be ok to ask me about my journey. We drove around for an hour, and he had a million questions. I got a good price on my car, and went home knowing that I had helped and reassured two people... him and his granddaughter.  :)

Our pasts are always our pasts, and AKA is always going to be attached to that. I try not to sweat it.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

CursedFireDean

That's a fun story Devlyn, thank you for reminding me there's bright sides to these silly things :)

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: Devlyn on January 01, 2019, 04:09:04 PM
I don't know if you saw my post awhile back, but I was selling a car that I bought as Michael. The dealer asked for the title, looks it over, and says "What relation are you to Michael?" I handed him my court order for the name change, and said "We're one and the same, I've transitioned male to female." He invited me on the test ride, and we were no sooner in the car than he tells me his granddaughter is transitioning, and would it be ok to ask me about my journey. We drove around for an hour, and he had a million questions. I got a good price on my car, and went home knowing that I had helped and reassured two people... him and his granddaughter.  :)

Our pasts are always our pasts, and AKA is always going to be attached to that. I try not to sweat it.

Hugs, Devlyn

Very nice to know that he was willing to learn and you were willing to talk. Our progress (trans people) is dependant on this happening millions of times.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•