Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Boot calf thickness

Started by Lucca, January 07, 2019, 03:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucca

I have large feet, but skinny calves. I ordered some boots that fit my feet, but the top part doesn't hug very close to my leg, the "shoe hole" leaving a good bit of space around my leg. How closely are boot legs "supposed" to cling to the calf?
  •  

randim

I think it depends on the boot. The measurement for the circumference of the shaft is unrelated to shoe size, and they vary. The average is around 15 inches, I think. A lot of women can't, or don't like, a tight-fitting shaft and get wide calf boots of 16" or more.  I believe there is a narrow size 14" or less.  Might be what you need, though probably harder to find.   
  •  

Devlyn

I've noticed a lot of the boots I look at are only available in wide calf sizes. People are getting stodgier.
  •  

Lucca

I took some pictures, sorry these are so bad, I had to hold my phone at an awkward angle without looking at the screen, and had no good lighting or backdrop on short notice:

•  

Linde

Quote from: Lucca on January 07, 2019, 07:35:48 PM
I took some pictures, sorry these are so bad, I had to hold my phone at an awkward angle without looking at the screen, and had no good lighting or backdrop on short notice:

They look pretty OK to me.  I would not be concerned about it!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•