Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Out to HR

Started by MeTony, January 17, 2019, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeTony

I told HR yesterday....the company's big HR-boss thanked me so much for telling him and wished me good luck on my journey.

Still waiting for a reaction from my closest HR. Maybe she is thinking what she will reply.

I told them by e-mail. I also told them it is no secret. I guess this will spread now.

/Tony
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: MeTony on January 17, 2019, 12:36:10 AM
I told HR yesterday....the company's big HR-boss thanked me so much for telling him and wished me good luck on my journey.

Still waiting for a reaction from my closest HR. Maybe she is thinking what she will reply.

I told them by e-mail. I also told them it is no secret. I guess this will spread now.

/Tony

@MeTony

This is wonderful news.  Your acceptance is so terrific to hear about... I guess that you are still waiting to hear from your other HR person... I will be eagerly waiting to read your update when you finally hear from her with her reaction to your news.

Wow, this must be a big relief for you to no longer have to hide your secret... it is like a big heavy weight has been lifted off of your shoulders.... you can now live more freely and more openly than ever before.   I am so very happy for you.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs and more hugs, and as always I am wishing you the best...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

MeTony

Thank you Danielle.

Yes. It is like a huge boulder has been lift off my shoulders. :D

Tony
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Congrats Tony! Big step for you :).
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

MeTony

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on January 17, 2019, 09:23:12 AM
Congrats Tony! Big step for you :).

Thank you.

I might come out of the closet with a big bang. I will be in one of the biggest papers in Sweden soon. It's not because I am trans, it's for other reasons. But it feels like an itch to come out with style. Hahaha. Everyone will then know.

One downside is that my husband will go nuts. Maybe leave.

Tony
  •  

NatalieRene

/Tony

Best of luck Tony.
  •  

sarah1972

Congratulations Tony! This is an amazing step for you and I am glad HR is behind you.

Being in the paper is a big step and one you will be pondering about. I was in a similar situation: shortly before coming out to my coworkers, I was nominated (and won) a very important industry award which also comes with a nice statue. I was debating with myself if I should request a name change when they manufactured the statute.  In the end, I did not change it, since the timeframe my work was done was before I came out and I wanted to avoid the hassle (and alert a ton of people).

For you, the situation is different since you are already out and I can understand your desire to be recognized as Tony in the article. I think you should go for it. Try talking to your husband upfront, I hope he is understanding.

For me, the good news is that I am nominated again, this time as Sarah. I will know more in May...

Good luck!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Wonderful news Tony.  Congratulations.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Tony!  Being out at work will be a huge relief.

I am sorry to hear that you are worried how your husband might take it.  I am hoping for the best for your relationship.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Zoey421

/Tony

Congratulations, Tony. I hope your closest HR will be a supporter as well.

Hugs Zoey
  •  

Perry

Congratulations Tony!

I hope your local HR proves to be just as supportive as corporate.

Perry
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

Northern Star Girl

@MeTony
Dear Tony:
Again, I am so very happy regarding your update, this is so very affirming for you.

Please keep all of us posted regarding further developments.
We are your biggest fans and we are rooting for you!

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

MeTony

I got a reply from HR. She is also supporting me. She was curious and wanted to know more!

This is great. There is no chickening out and turning back now.

Tony
  •