Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Can I take testosterone booster pills

Started by erintilly14, January 19, 2019, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erintilly14

So I'm ftm trans and I'm pre t and pre everything so obviously I've got the anatomy and organs of a female. Would it be dangerous if I took testosterone booster pills? -Ethan
  •  

blackcat

The pills won't actually boost your testosterone and put you through male puberty... unfortunately. The only way to get more T is to take T.
  •  

erintilly14

Quote from: blackcat on January 19, 2019, 06:52:16 PM
The pills won't actually boost your testosterone and put you through male puberty... unfortunately. The only way to get more T is to take T.
Will it not have any effect at all? Even if it's small. -Ethan
  •  

Dena

I am not sure that testosterone booster pills are real and function as advertised. Even if they do, here are some numbers to consider.  Female testosterone levels range   6 - 86 ng/dl where as males are   270 - 1100  ng/dl. Normally males are somewhere mid range, around 600 ng/dl where as females would be around 40 ng/dl. Even if the pills doubled your levels, you probably wouldn't be out of the female range and would be far from the male levels. It would be best for you to save your money and seek out regular medical treatment which is very effective.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

erintilly14

Quote from: Dena on January 20, 2019, 09:30:19 AM
I am not sure that testosterone booster pills are real and function as advertised. Even if they do, here are some numbers to consider.  Female testosterone levels range   6 - 86 ng/dl where as males are   270 - 1100  ng/dl. Normally males are somewhere mid range, around 600 ng/dl where as females would be around 40 ng/dl. Even if the pills doubled your levels, you probably wouldn't be out of the female range and would be far from the male levels. It would be best for you to save your money and seek out regular medical treatment which is very effective.
I would save my money and everything but in the uk you can get hrt on the nhs it's just that I'm not old enough to do it without involving my parents
  •  

Dena

I am not aware of the all of the laws in the UK so age may be a problem. On the other hand, there is private medical care available through GenderGP who can start treatment while your waiting for the NHS to get around to you. In either case, you should get your name on the list for the NHS now as you can start your waiting time even if you can't start treatment.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Dani

Can you take testosterone booster pills? Of course you can, but unless you have some way of making some testosterone in the first place, you are not going to boost any significant amounts of testosterone.

You mentioned you are underage and require your parents consent to get testosterone from your NHS. I really think you should discuss your situation with one or both of your parents. I hope you are at least talking to a counselor which can be done privately until you are ready to come out to your parents.

Testosterone is a one-way street. Once the physical changes are noticeable, they are very hard to reverse. Just take a look at the older MTF. We needed much more facial surgeries and hair transplants just to pass as the women we are.
  •  

erintilly14

Quote from: Dani on January 20, 2019, 07:24:13 PM
Can you take testosterone booster pills? Of course you can, but unless you have some way of making some testosterone in the first place, you are not going to boost any significant amounts of testosterone.

You mentioned you are underage and require your parents consent to get testosterone from your NHS. I really think you should discuss your situation with one or both of your parents. I hope you are at least talking to a counselor which can be done privately until you are ready to come out to your parents.

Testosterone is a one-way street. Once the physical changes are noticeable, they are very hard to reverse. Just take a look at the older MTF. We needed much more facial surgeries and hair transplants just to pass as the women we are.
I've been on a waiting list for a counselling service for over half a year but still nothing has happened. I'm not really at a point where it is safe to come out to my dad yet whereas I think my mum kind of knows already but I know she's not happy.
  •