Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Out in public

Started by Danielle Kristina, January 19, 2019, 02:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielle Kristina

I haven't posted much lately, but last Monday I had a session with my therapist.  She has been allowing me to get dressed in her office before our sessions and at the end of the session I'd revert back to male mode.  Well, this last time she encouraged me to stay dressed as myself.  So I did it.  I walked all the way from her office to my car dressed (and it is NOT a short walk!).  I was very nervous, but also very glad I did it.  It helped build up my confidence, at least a little bit.  I'm not out yet, so for me this was a huge step.  I'm sure I'll do it again after our next session.

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Jaime320

Little by little it gets easier.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Congratulations!

That is real progress!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Danielle Kristina on January 19, 2019, 02:53:22 PM
I haven't posted much lately, but last Monday I had a session with my therapist.  She has been allowing me to get dressed in her office before our sessions and at the end of the session I'd revert back to male mode.  Well, this last time she encouraged me to stay dressed as myself.  So I did it.  I walked all the way from her office to my car dressed (and it is NOT a short walk!).  I was very nervous, but also very glad I did it.  It helped build up my confidence, at least a little bit.  I'm not out yet, so for me this was a huge step.  I'm sure I'll do it again after our next session.

Danielle

@Danielle Kristina
Dear Danielle:    (I really like your name!!!)
I can not even begin to express how very happy I am for you to read about your first brave journey of being "dressed" out in public.

As you continue to build your confidence it will indeed become a little easier each subsequent time you venture out.
Thank you for sharing and posting your terrific good news.

Hugs and wishing you well.
Danielle  (the Alaskan one)
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

Way to go, Danielle!  That is indeed the best way to build confidence.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

NatalieRene

That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations  ;D

As time goes by it will become easier but for now you hit a big milestone.
  •