Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Smooth after laser

Started by Jaime320, January 19, 2019, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime320

Ummm does anyone else struggle to shave after LHR. Had my first treatment a few days ago, and can't get a close shave to go out at all. Electrolysis isn't like this.

Time for a facial after the burn sensitivity goes away I guess.

Also would skin resurfacing be wise choice after I'm done totally? Skin doesn't look as smooth anymore.
  •  

GingerVicki

Dermaplaning or Microplaning is definitely an option.
  •  

MollyPants

Shaving is much more difficult! Well. In a sense. It's easier as it's less often and there is less hair but it's harder to get rid of and I miss loads Everytime as it's harder to spot!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Sophiaprincess2019

had my 1st LHR tx about 2 weeks ago and I had similar experience: hard to shave but was amazed after one session I did not have to shave as much. I have another appt in 2 more weeks, let you know what the 2nd appointment brings!

Sophia
1968 Born male but actually girl
1978 Played in girl clothes
1988 Dressed in girl clothes
1998 Wanted to be a girl socially
2008 Trying lying to myself
2018 Dreamed of becoming a girl
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman
2-22-2019 Started HRT
  •  

Jaime320

Thanks everyone. FYI shaving was easier a few days ago, but still rough in spots. I guess the root/follicles are still departing. Still have slightly raised bumps in thickest areas. I read somewhere that follicles can take up to 2 weeks to escape.

2-hr Electrolysis session scheduled next week for the stuff laser won't touch, & laser 2 weeks after. Haven't shaved in 2 days, & don't see much difference yet.  Maybe it's thinner, or I'm seeing just lighter colored hair in certain areas. Not patchy like doc expected. Time will tell.
  •  

Kate.claire

My experience was that my face was always a bit rough for 4-5 days after laser.   Shedding started around 7 days,  I could usually tell which hairs were going to come out as they almost seemed thicker or darker than other hairs.   I'd usually end up plucking some of the lip hairs or they'd stay lodged in the skin longer than I preferred. I say plucking, but I mean hairs that come out with zero resistance.  You don't want to be pulling any live hairs out that way.  Two years later, I have a pretty clear face,  except those pesky white hairs that I've been chickening out of electrolysis for.  By the way, don't get discouraged,  but I remember being really excited after the first treatment,  slows down quite a bit after that...and felt like things returned somewhat 6 months into it.  Eventually they all gave up the fight though.  Maybe they got the message from the estrogen.  :)
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

Jaime320

No worries. I know its a long road. Staying away from tweezers. Tried gently exfoliating this morning with a wash cloth. Apparently I'm still shedding.
  •