Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

engineering

Started by warmbody28, January 23, 2019, 04:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warmbody28

is anyone going into engineering or in say electrical engineering. Whats your experience like?
  •  

Linde

Quote from: warmbody28 on January 23, 2019, 04:30:43 PM
is anyone going into engineering or in say electrical engineering. Whats your experience like?
I have a EE degree, and i like the work I did.  I worked in data transmission/communication  and network design.  This brought me into the medical field. And I went back to the university and studied biomedical sciences, and became a medical researcher.

I know several surgeons who started out as EE's!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Dena

While I am not degreed, I have worked as a computer hardware and software engineer. I loved the profession and I would have done it even if I wasn't getting paid for it. Not everybody feels that way and when it happens, you can see it in other peoples work. They don't put out the extra effort to make the product really special. My advice to you is to try the profession out. I was playing with electricity at age 7 or 8. I was building kits and scratch projects in my teens. Kits are still around and you can learn a good deal with out attending school. Should you have questions where to start, let us know and we can give you a few places where you can purchase things. Use to to be Radio Shack was a good place to go but has they have closed down, hobbies have become a bit more difficult.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

AnneK

I also studied electrical engineering, with a focus on telecom.  I've worked for several years in telecom, with networks more recently.  The first trans woman I recall meeting was at work, over 25 years ago, at a telecom company.  I also know one who works a lot with Linux.

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

warmbody28

Thank you for the replies everyone. I have been wondering because I haven't seen much from others talking about how things are in regards to personal experience. Im a nurse right now and I want to make the switch over while im in my early 30s.
  •