Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

VFS Short of 3 months Post op - Pain.

Started by AryaV, January 24, 2019, 04:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AryaV

Hi girls,

I dont post here often - actually forgot my previous account.
I was just wondering if any girls that had VFS still experienced pain after the 2 month mark.

This has happened twice, once when overdoing the voice exercises or more recently with a sneezing fit. The pain usually goes away and the range of my new voice returns. Will this be resolved with time (Perhaps further healing) or should I be worried that this will be the new normal from now on?
Also, will I always be difficult to hear in public settings? This has been the most frustrating.

Here is a voice sample so far:
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0QuWPUxFVAz

I would post my previous voice but honestly it made me cringe so hard with dysphoria before surgery, so much so that I was often mute in public. There's only one recording of it in my posession actually -.-
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: AryaV on January 24, 2019, 04:04:36 PM
Hi girls,

I dont post here often - actually forgot my previous account.
I was just wondering if any girls that had VFS still experienced pain after the 2 month mark.

This has happened twice, once when overdoing the voice exercises or more recently with a sneezing fit. The pain usually goes away and the range of my new voice returns. Will this be resolved with time (Perhaps further healing) or should I be worried that this will be the new normal from now on?
Also, will I always be difficult to hear in public settings? This has been the most frustrating.

Here is a voice sample so far:
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0QuWPUxFVAz

I would post my previous voice but honestly it made me cringe so hard with dysphoria before surgery, so much so that I was often mute in public. There's only one recording of it in my posession actually -.-

@AryaV
Dear Arya:
     Thank you for coming back to the Forums to share your VFS update.  Other members here will now see your posting and will certainly offer their thoughts about your voice questions.

I am so sorry that you lost track of your previous member account... and since I do not know how long it has been since you have been here on the Susan's Place Forums I am obligated to give you my warm Welcome and other information that will be useful to you as a member.  If you already know all of what I am about to say, it probably does not hurt to review it again.I am so very happy to see that you have now have become a member Susan's Place and have posted for the first time here on the Forums.

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly Re-WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@AryaV
Oh, and another thing Arya...
Please plan to find your way to the Introductions Forum to briefly tell us about yourself so that more members will be aware of your re-arrival.

Thank you again for coming to Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE:  Now that all of this greeting stuff is done, I will let everyone have the thread back so you can continue to pursue the conversation that you were trying to have.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Dana Thompson

I can't answer your question, but you sound great! Very feminine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. My body tends to swell more than normal and my voice was pretty weak at three months. At a year, my voice was fairly usable however I still had problems generating any real volume. Normal conversation was fine but I didn't bother trying to talk over noise. After about two years, I was able to generate volume thought not at previous levels.

Abuse of you voice will cause discomfort and it's the bodies way of telling your your doing something wrong. If you experience pain, your to high, to low, or to loud. If you don't know what the problem is, see a speech therapist who can help you find the problem.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Complete

As others have noted, your voice sounds great. How much would you attribute to the surgery,  and how much to voice therapy?
  •  

Margarine

Quote from: AryaV on January 24, 2019, 04:04:36 PM

You sound amazing, who did the procedure? I am having VFS with Dr. Thomas in March, I can't stand my voice and I love to talk, almost as breathing or living. So after 2 years of speech therapy this is the next logical step for me.
  •  

AryaV

@Alaskan Danielle Thank you for the welcome! I'll make sure to post a little introduction ^^

@Dana Thompson Thanks Girl <3

@Dena A year is quite a long healing process! Have you noticed any changes in the quality/timbre of your voice? Are you able to yell? I'm often at my husband's work place, a loud environment and unfortunately it's necessary to yell at times. I've also noticed at times I try to force the sound out using my old speech patterns, but once I become aware of it my voice flows effortlessly. It's been a stressful start of the year so far so that may be contributing to the tightness/pain.

@Complete Prior to surgery my fundamental frequency measured at 121hz. These days it goes from 190 - 215 depending on the situation and my mood. I had no formal voice training before this but I did have the dreaded (imo) "gay voice"  ::) so that may be helping now that my f0 is higher.

@Margarine Right? Voice is so fundamental, I used to love singing as a child but once the dreaded T puberty set in all confidence was lost... I had VFS with Dr. Kim At Yeson Voice Center, and only recently found out about Dr. Thomas.
His results seem amazing from what i've heard on other forums! I'd love to hear your voice once you've recovered! With your voice training I Imagine the results will be like a dream <3
My insurance recently began covering FFS with a local surgeron and im afraid Dr Kim's work may be damaged so something permanent like Dr. Thomas's surgery might be in my future, especially if I dont regain volume. I'm trying to stay optimistic though.
  •  

Dena

I can yell however not at my previous levels and it took a long time before I had that much volume. You might recover faster than me as many do but the important thing is not to push it because even thought the pain is gone, the healing can take place a long time after that. If you're attempting to get volume at 3 months, your voice might not be ready yet and that could be the cause of your pain.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •