Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hair Growth Products

Started by ramilove, January 29, 2019, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramilove

Hair
As I explore my femininity with crossdressing, I am at an impasse as to what to do about my graying. thinning, receding hairline. HRT would address the issue, but I am not ready for that leap at least not without many sessions with a therapist.  There are wigs, but I would very much like to get by and present with my natural hair if at all possible. Then the the over the counter drugs such as Minoxidil or Rogaine and prescription drugs such as Finasteride along with there side effects. I am  interested in reading about the experiences of others that have ventured into the receding thinning hair wilderness.
Rami Love
  •  

Casady

I've had very good results from Minoxidil and Finasteride to thinning hair around the crown over the past 10 months. I believe they may have less of an effect on a receding hairline though.

Casady
  •  

JamiLD

I used Minoxidil for a year and didn't do anything for me.  Plus it was a pain to use.  Twice a day, and it got into my hair and made it look funky.  They made a mousse version, but wasn't any better, and I don't think it got onto my scalp as well as the drops.  Doesn't hurt to try, either.  Just don't expect quick results. 

I went the Finasteride route and it made a big difference.  Was on it for 2 years.  But be prepared for side effects. 
Graying, on the other hand, is a hair of a different color. :)
  •