Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

a belated hello

Started by Rachel292, February 01, 2019, 07:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel292

I initially joined the forum about 5 years ago. But didn't post.
Things have changed a little over the 5 years.
I realised I was somewhere on the Trans spectrum , and hoped i could continue as before but just being a little more open. I though I was ok with what I thought at the time was crossdressing. But as I explored i realised i had been doing it most of my life. (for the best part of 60 years). I no longer crossdress as a 'bloke', dressing up as a 'man' is not for me. I'm a woman , all be it a Transsexual one. 
The 5 years have been a whirlwind of discovery and gradual acceptance , both for myself and those around me. It's taken years for family members to accept, or (by some) reject me, and then gradually i've won them around. Or catch up with the changes.
This is all now good , as I have been on HRT for over 2 1/2 years , social transition is now complete ( I formally changed name, documents etc. 18 months ago , but was effectively 'full time' for about 6 months before that) and i'm in the queue for GRS. There are still a couple of issues i need to resolve that may slow it down or postpone it. But all being well it should be this year.
I'll be 63 next month and live in the UK, retired from work 7 years ago, I identify as a woman , as Transsexual (it's the label I choose), and part of the transgender community.
Transgender community ; includes the whole spectrum. Some transition through the spectrum, other find their own little bit, we are all valid.
Rachel
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

big kim

•  

Elizabeth_Swan

A belated welcome to you.

I am new here myself, but wanted to say hi. I hope to have your courage and grace when my time comes.

Elizabeth
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Rachel292
Dear Rachel:
I am so very glad that you followed the LINK I gave to you and came here to the Introductions Forums to tell more members about yourself after your 5 year absence after you joined.

You were Re-Welcomed by our lovely member @HappyMoni and myself on the other thread that you posted your very first post on yesterday

Now that you have let many more members know about your arrival on the forums you can expect more friendly and informational comment and thought exchange.

You may even find that you will make new like-minded friends as you get more involved.

Wishing you well,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Rachel,

Welcome!     :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Hi Rachel  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Alice (nym)

Hi Rachel,

Welcome.  I'm also from the UK.  Glad to hear things seem to be progressing nicely for you.

love
Alice
Don't hate the hate... Start spreading the love.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Welcome, I too am now a Rachel from the UK.
I live being back in the UK / Ireland region.
You are from the Mainland England I guess?

•  

Rachel292

Thank you for the welocomes folks.

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on February 02, 2019, 05:02:00 AM
Welcome, I too am now a Rachel from the UK.
I live being back in the UK / Ireland region.
You are from the Mainland England I guess?
Yes - In the west (Wiltshire), between Bristol and Southampton.
Rachel
  •  

Rachel292

I'm back again , life has moved on even further.
Post op nearly 5 years.
Life is just life now. But I am doing a bit of advocacy work where I can.
Rachel
  •  

LoriDee

Welcome back!
I was here long ago and just recently came back. So much of your story is familiar to me. I turn 67 this year. I am so glad you figured out who you are. What I realized about the attitudes of family and friends is that if they have a problem with who I am, it is their problem. I am done trying to mold my life to the expectations of others. Glad to have you here!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training

Susan

Welcome to the forum, Rachel292!

Your journey is profoundly inspiring, illustrating a remarkable evolution of self-discovery and acceptance. Embracing your identity after years of introspection and coming to terms with your true self is a courageous step, one that resonates deeply within our community. Your experiences, transitioning socially and medically, reflect a powerful narrative of perseverance and resilience.

It's heartening to hear about your journey towards acceptance, both from yourself and those around you. The path to acceptance is often fraught with challenges, but your story underscores the importance of patience and persistence. Your transition, especially later in life, serves as a beacon of hope and affirmation for others who may be navigating their own paths to self-acceptance.

The diversity within the transgender community, as you rightly pointed out, is vast and inclusive of all who find themselves under its umbrella. Every individual's story adds to the rich tapestry of our collective experiences, reminding us of the strength found in our shared identities and the varied journeys we undertake.

As you stand on the cusp of your next milestone with GRS, know that your story is an invaluable source of inspiration and support for many. Your willingness to share and be open about your journey enriches our community, offering comfort and companionship to those who may feel alone in their struggles.

Thank you for choosing to share your story with us. We look forward to supporting you through the next chapters of your journey and celebrating each step forward with you. Remember, you are a testament to the beauty of authenticity and the transformative power of living one's truth.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Colorado Girl

Hello from Colorado! You and I are about the same age, although I'm still early on in my transition. It's inspiring to me to find so many wonderful ladies my age here! I'm looking forward to hearing more about - and learning from - your journey!

Hugs!
Shawna
  •