Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cameltoe Dysphoia

Started by popdewd, February 02, 2019, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popdewd

Flashback to childhood - my mom signed me up for swim lessons and between the price of that and a suit, I had to wear a hand-me-down one piece that was key lime green and too small and I could feel the suit against my anatomy and was afraid that people could see it. But now whenever I set foot into a pool, I remember that I wasn't born male "down there". 
Anyone else have this experience?  Anything you could do to distract yourself from the memory?
  •  

invisiblemonsters

if you're wearing swim shorts, i don't see why the dysphoria would still be there. if you didn't have top surgery yet, etc. you could just wear swim shorts over your bathing suit. that's just my thoughts though.
  •  

transspoonie

Since coming out, I've always worn a swim shirt + board shorts. They're looser than the average pair of swim shorts and are more prone to bunching up instead of clinging to your body; it might help hide, or at least distract you from, what's causing your dysphoria.

There are also ways to pack while wearing swim shorts, some of which work better than others. FtM Essentials has a small FAQ on packing while swimming, and Hudson's Guide has a section dedicated to swimming/locker room comfort in general.

•