Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Chin and Jaw contouring - Stitches inside above the chin next to gums question.

Started by jojo702, February 07, 2019, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo702

If any of you ladies had jaw and chin contouring where the surgeon made an incision inside your mouth, at 5 weeks and more after surgery, how did your incision look? Can you give me details. I know it sounds gross but I'd like to compare. Was there any white stuff on the stitches?

15 years on HRT and going, started at age 16.

SRS+BA done in Bangkok, Thailand by the hands of Dr Chettawut Tulayaphanich and his team on November 1, 2014.
  •  

JenSCDC

You still have stitches at five weeks? Mine had dissolved long before that.
  •  

jojo702

Quote from: JenSCDC on February 07, 2019, 09:59:11 PM
You still have stitches at five weeks? Mine had dissolved long before that.

Yea, unfortunately, it's taking it's time. It's all loose though and the stitches are dark bluish color but white stuff are growing on them, thought it was rice but it's not lol. It's not painful or anything, it's just doing whatever it wants lol
15 years on HRT and going, started at age 16.

SRS+BA done in Bangkok, Thailand by the hands of Dr Chettawut Tulayaphanich and his team on November 1, 2014.
  •  

Casady

I had my chin and jaw done in December. The incision must have been made between gum and lower teeth as there's no visible cut anywhere. After about two weeks it looked as though my gums had come away from my teeth and the stitches didn't appear to be holding anything together in places - it looked as though they were just woven around my teeth. (Eating rice was a no-no as it was difficult to feel what was rice and what was gum and felt pretty uncomfortable.) My stitches (which were white by the way) must have dissolved soon after that and over the weeks since my gums have started to look healthier, appearing to grow back in places around the teeth. I was given a bottle of Corsodyl mouthwash to use by my surgeon, which I think helped and so I'd recommend that if you're not using it already!
  •  

jill610

I'm 4 weeks out and still have sutures that havnt dissolved, mostly towards the chin. It's annoying.

The incision inside the mouth is still swollen but otherwise looks like a month old incision. I'm not sure I have been overly concerned with the cosmetic appearance of those scars since they will never be seen and are in the fold between the bite plane and the cheek/lip.

•  

thelittlemermaid

I just passed 2 weeks out yesterday. It -feels- as if I have big gauze or something between my teeth gums and the edges of my mouth. I assume that's the stitches? It's giving me this massive overbite and I sound so strange when I talk.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: thelittlemermaid on March 29, 2019, 12:50:15 PM
I just passed 2 weeks out yesterday. It -feels- as if I have big gauze or something between my teeth gums and the edges of my mouth. I assume that's the stitches? It's giving me this massive overbite and I sound so strange when I talk.
Yes, that sounds like the stitches.  They'll break down around 4-6 weeks typically, and things will start feeling better.

I'm 7 months out and still have a little numb spot on the inside and out, just below the lip and maybe 1-2 cm wide extending down 3-4 cm.  It's slowly improving.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •