Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

post-op after hysto: what does it feel like?

Started by November_Fox, February 11, 2019, 11:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November_Fox

Obviously, there is no way of knowing what something feels like pre-op.

Pre-op top surgery, I had no idea what it would be like. Now I do (it´s great) and I am wondering what it will feel like after hysto. Not just how I´ll feel after removal of those scumbag ovaries, but what it will be like to basically not have that organ.

Anyone want to give it a shot?
  •  

mm

This is an interesting question.  It is much different for a ftm to get a hysto as they want those parts gone, so their mind set wants everything gone. Also many times a cis woman has problems with the organs which is painful and can cause problems with the surgery.  Most of the time the simple lap procedure can be done which is quick with a fast recovery. If one is on t already there is little changes from removing the ovaries, otherwise you can get menopausal effects.
  •  

Dex

I honestly did not anticipate my hysterectomy being much more than removing bothersome parts. Pain from endometriosis and cysts never truly went away even after being on T for (at that time) over 2 years. Because you can't "see" those parts, I didn't anticipate it would have much psychological impact.

However, post recovery, I felt much more psychological benefit than I could have ever thought. Knowing those organs were gone, not feeling them (or pain from them) on an almost daily basis was so immensely amazing for me. I felt much more settled into my male identity and so much more complete. Perhaps it was because I didn't anticipate it being very impactful that it felt as freeing/confirming as my top surgery. I felt as much psychological boost from it as I did my chest surgery.
  •  

mm

Dex, great to hear you had such a positive boost from your hysto.  I didn't realize one could  get that big of an affect.
  •  

Dex

I'm sure it is completely individual, as many of our journeys are.

I really didn't anticipate feeling as much more whole as I did after my hysterectomy. I wanted to be out of pain and I was happy to have "useless" parts removed. But it really was much more psychologically fulfilling than I anticipated. It was a very pleasant surprise.
  •  

November_Fox

For me it will probably a big change in the psychological department, as ovary 1 and 2 refuse to cease functioning (despite normal amounts of testosterone). I´m on hormone blockers (arimidex) to stop them from doing so, but the hormone blockers have side effects, and are usually used in puberty (I´m 31).

So I´m mostly wondering what it will be like physically - in terms of just not having that organ anymore - whether it gets rid of cramps, liquids, and its response to sex (even if sex is not being had with that organ in particular. I´d be nice to be rid of that).
  •  

mm

There are improvements for the better in all departments emotionally, physically, etc all for the better for us.
  •  

Dex

Physically, the hysterectomy (removal of ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and uterus/cervix) will stop many of the symptoms (such as cramping, pain, etc) but will not stop the vaginal mucosal response to sexual stimulation. If you still have liquid with your T levels as they are, that won't change by having a hysterectomy. That was one of my hugest sources of dysphoria prior to my metoidioplasty (with colpectomy). It was a huge mental roadblock to physical intimacy for me since I constantly worried about it and whether my wife would associate it with femininity. She never did or let on that she did but it still was a major roadblock for me.

Some guys have far less discharge just from starting T but it did not affect that for me. The only thing that eliminated that completely for me was the colpectomy.
  •  

November_Fox

Thanks Dex,

Seriously, I´m really glad to hear it because this means I prefer the colpectomy...
I get that maybe partners aren´t as bothered by it, but I can´t have any type of intimacy as long as that weird (...) happens.

If I am going to have invasive surgery, it had better fix my dysphoria, that´s the whole point...
  •  

sunnydear4u

I had my Total laprascopic hysterectomy 3 months ago. After hysterectomy I was discharged from hospital in two days.I didnt feel any pain after surgery as it was small four incision in my stomach. I was more than normal. Then also as its a major surgery I rested for more than two three weeks. I was walking normally after surgery next day. My stitches were all healed in two weeks. There is not at all any pain in abdomen but vaginal discharge goes on till a month after surgery as its a period of menopause,that too the spots were very little.But it took one month to stop fully. I was feeling very relief after surgery as I am having no burden now of having ovaries. I am not going to gym still now as I don't want to get any complications.Have to start soon bcoz Im planning for phalloplasty soon.I feel u must eat properly after surgery and take care by not lifting weights and doing any sudden moments just normally u can do what u like other than that.
Go for it You will be fine and feel great.Itsmy personal own experience. Im more than happy after that.
Wish u all the best if u r planning.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

•  

mm

sunnydear4u, good to hear you did well with the surgery.  Around here the hospital stay is usually less than 2 days for most people; i have even heard of 24 hr overnight. How soon you wanting phalloplasty; have you consulted with any surgeons?
  •