Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Your help is desperately needed.

Started by Susan, February 25, 2019, 02:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

I need your help!

This site is available to our members and visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We have been providing support to the transgender community for the last 23 years, and accepting member support for only 4 of them.

Based on current statistics this year we are on track to serve around 2,847,016 people from all around the world accounting for 67 million page views, and over 5 terabytes of data transferred this year. We do this on around $2,000 a month. No other enterprise level site anywhere in the world could be ran on so little money.

We have ran shortfalls of $499.32 in October, and $989.31 for November; and $601.22 in January total of $2089.85 during the last few months in just paying the monthly bills.

What are the funds raised by the site used for?

Paying direct server expenses, and one full time staff member who receives no other benefits at all.

Each dollar of your donation or subscription enables roughly 100 people (Based on current unique visitors) to receive lifesaving support. A lot of the visitors to this web site are living in poverty, and to ensure that no one is left out in the cold, all the resources we provide are available freely to everyone! This is possible through the generous support of members like yourself. We serve no advertising in order to protect our members privacy.

What we need

We were $601.22 short in January from the amount needed to pay the monthly bills. We are currently sitting at just $1,010 of the $2,000 needed to pay the monthly bills for the site for February. Adding those two together we will be in severe financial danger come March 1st.  We currently have less than 1 month's expenses in the bank, something that always scares the living daylights out of me. I like to keep a minimum of 2-3 months operating funds in the bank at all times, and would ideally like a 6 month buffer.

I know that we are in tax season, but if you are able to do so, please step up and help us meet the bills for this month and the coming month. If possibly I would like to raise enough to make up for the January shortfall, and meet the portion of February's goal that pays the bills, a total of $1591.18. This will restore us back to the minimum safe balance.

Thank you for your support! Together we make the difference.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •