Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Prickly sweat

Started by meatwagon, February 25, 2019, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meatwagon

I've seen a lot of other ftm mention it: an intense itchy, prickly feeling that happens when you get hot or would otherwise sweat.  I have been experiencing it since I was maybe a few weeks or months on t, but lately (I am over a year on now) it has gotten much worse and is pretty much unbearable.  It interferes with my job, because I have to work outside pushing carts.  I have tried looking it up, but haven't found anything mentioning a solution, especially in reference to ftm and whether or not this is the same as regular "prickly heat"/heat rash.
If anyone here has experienced this and has some answers as to what can be done about it, that would be great.  So far, the only thing I can do is just get out of the heat until it goes away, but it's not much of a solution when I'm at work, nor is it good enough for the long term.
  •  

Kylo

Cannot say I experienced this at all. I've been on testosterone a couple of years now. I'm not really sure what you are describing either.

But I can say my body temperature has risen since I started HRT, and it might be this causing you to notice being too warm, and making you sweat. I no longer need to put the heating on until it gets very cold, and I don't need to wear any extra layers. I had to adjust my habits to it.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

November_Fox

Hey man, I used to experience this.

I donĀ“t anymore. Could be the body adjusting to testosterone. Changes in hair follicles perhaps? Perhaps consider changing the way you administer (gel/shots).  Wear shirts that enable proper ventilation rather than cotton.
  •  

Kylo

T does alter the follicles. Not sure if it affects sweat glands but the sweat produced is more acrid. That might irritate more to some people.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •