News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Top Surgery Concerns

Started by ThatGingerDude, March 01, 2019, 10:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGingerDude

Hello,

I just underwent top surgery successfully on February 12th, 2019. I am almost three weeks post-op and am very satisfied aside from one small factor—my left nipple area. I had double incisions, but without free nipple grafts. My nipples were simple moved into another place with everything attached to continue blood-flow, an allegedly more natural look long-term, etc. It is only the left nipple that I have the issue with. When I walk, I feel a tugging sensation that can be fairly painful at times, and I'm not sure if this is temporary or not. Has anyone else had this happen? I'd love to know if this heals over time or is to be expected.

Thank you!
  •  

Jessica

Hi GingerDude!  Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
Congratulations on your progress, I hope you find resolution with the pain you are experiencing.

I see you're new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Kylo

Tugging sensation in the chest area right after surgery is normal. Basically the skin will need to adjust to your daily movements and to stretch in certain places to accommodate them. I'm a year post and the tugging sensation when I stretch my arms fully over my head has only just disappeared. Do not start stretching or exercising that will cause stretching of skin for at least 6 weeks post is what they advised me. The scar tissue needs to be sufficiently built up to be able to handle it.

Your daily normal movements will be accommodated just be doing those movements, then if you plan on doing any extra-ordinary movements, such as in sport... you need to be careful and build up slowly to them if you want to avoid stretching the scars out or causing yourself possible pain. Some stretching of scars will inevitably occur regardless.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

chance

I get that feeling as well and have been getting it since I started moving my upper body.  I highly recommend following what the doctor says as far as like what kylo said because I followed the doctors instructions to the T and it's still no joke.  It's a major operation and it feels like I had a major operation afterwards.  I still get zingers which is what dr called the initially constant shooting pains as the nerves/feelings come back.  After the first 2-3 weeks for me they weren't constant and are getting further and further apart as time goes by.  And also for more it took time for the stretch pain to reduce and did get much better as I healed.  Highly suggest not rushing it.  All my stuff stayed where it should be after most of the healing has happened.  Of course I am happy as >-bleeped-< about it.  Even with all the pain and difficulty  several times a day I smile like a damn idiot because I finally look normal and never have to put a girl clothes on again.

Peace
Chance
"Live like someone left the gate open"
  •