Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

GCS in the Southeast US (MacPhee Questions)

Started by Roll, March 04, 2019, 03:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Welp. I'm on a binge of looking up info today, name change has sent me on a desire for more progress. I won't be able to afford it for quite a while, but I wanted to start planning ahead based on wait times and all that.

After a cursory glance, the closest person to me (Atlanta) that seems to have decent reviews is MacPhee. Only about 6 hours away by car. So two things:

1) I saw a few immediate aftermath threads on MacPhee with no obvious negatives, but has anyone who went to her have any long term followup reviews? Depth, sexual function, recovery, etc. There are some non-GCS reviews on the internet that give me pause.

2) Aside from MacPhee, does anyone have any other ideas for the area? You'd think Atlanta would have a GCS surgeon considering the trans pop...
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

sarah1972

I cannot comment on the long term results yet but I do have my surgery booked with MacPhee for mid-April. I really liked her a lot during my consultation and the results on her web site looked really nice. She has now done over 200 of these surgeries and she has been taught a lot by Marcy Bowers and a few others. She has been putting her own spin on a few things.

Her proposed dilation schedule is very intense with 3 x 50 minutes for the first year! Most surgeons let you do twice a day for 30 minutes after a few months. I wonder if she puts out this schedule to make sure you do at least the 2 x 30 minutes...

Working with her in all the preparation has been great, I usually did get responses within one day.

There have been a few ladies on here who had surgery with her and they have been very happy. Besides that, I also did not find much about her work online. I do see this as a good sign that there are at least no complaints. I liked that she had a reasonable waitlist (about 3 months when I signed up with her) and that hair removal is optional. I still did as much as I could but it is not a holdup not having done 6 or 12 months.

I am very much looking forward to my surgery with her and I can update this thread. PM me if you want more details on the consult and preparation.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Roll on March 04, 2019, 03:23:48 PM
Welp. I'm on a binge of looking up info today, name change has sent me on a desire for more progress. I won't be able to afford it for quite a while, but I wanted to start planning ahead based on wait times and all that.

After a cursory glance, the closest person to me (Atlanta) that seems to have decent reviews is MacPhee. Only about 6 hours away by car. So two things:

1) I saw a few immediate aftermath threads on MacPhee with no obvious negatives, but has anyone who went to her have any long term followup reviews? Depth, sexual function, recovery, etc. There are some non-GCS reviews on the internet that give me pause.

2) Aside from MacPhee, does anyone have any other ideas for the area? You'd think Atlanta would have a GCS surgeon considering the trans pop...

•