Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

its how you wear it

Started by Maddie, March 13, 2019, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie

Hi.
Technically, my wardrobe is almost entirely from the women's sections of stores. My mens clothing consists of a couple work shirts, a pair of boots, and a kilt.  I like the last item, but have a couple of skirts that I prefer, when I'm leaning that way.
I've been called out by total strangers for not wearing the kilt in a manly way.
This is funny and clearly true!
I interpret this as that my posture/presentation is approaching feminine, but not enough to pass and thus avoid this particular unsolicited opinion.
It's really not what you wear, its how you wear it, true??

Crossdressed as small child. Told parents, then hid it.
1980s-2010s Alternately "out" to varying degrees and/or outright denial and man-faking
2015 Surrendered/allowed my she-self to show more outwardly. Changes begin.
Currently working with counselor. No HRT or surgeries yet.
  •  

Maddie

How you wear jeans and what you put around them is a good example of this!
1980s-2010s Alternately "out" to varying degrees and/or outright denial and man-faking
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Maddie on March 13, 2019, 01:56:08 PM
How you wear jeans and what you put around them is a good example of this!
Hi Maddie,

Could you elaborate on "what you put around them"?  I'm not sure what you mean.

I do agree that posture and attitude go a long way.  I've been wearing women's-style jeans for a long time and nobody's called me out on it (which I interpret that they don't even notice them).  Guess I'm a long way from "male fail" lol.
If so, then why not?
  •  

Maddie

I meant that depending on what other clothes, tops, belts, shoes, etc are worn with jeans, this can make an outfit leads towards male, female, or andogynous
  •  

jk4361

I'd say the wearer breathes life into any clothing they have on.
So posture would certainly have a large impact in this regard,
  •  

Lyric

I'm basically androgynous and seldom make a full effort to look feminine, especially when just going to the store or something. Still, I sometimes get cat calls from rude passing motorists who see me as a "hot chick", I guess. The other day I was walking along the freeway service road wearing my Levi's mid-rise skinnies, a long sleeve thermal crew neck top, and walking shoes. I wore no jewelry, makeup or such, though my hair is about 18 inches now and often takes a bit of curl. One cat call and a honk that day.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Lisa89125

I can't get Rod Stewart of my mind now.  ;D

"You wear it well"

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •