Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Flying with Hormone Therapy

Started by Holden, March 23, 2019, 08:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holden

Hey cuties! So I'll be flying to the States for the first time in a long time, and I'll need to take some T with me when I travel. I've done this within Europe before and it hasn't been a problem, but I don't want my supply of T to get tossed in the States if TSA gets its hands on it.

I have a letter from my doctor here in Germany saying that it is medically necessary and that I am allowed to have it, but I just want to cover my ass.

What is the best way to transport hormone therapy when travelling? Should I bring it on my carry on, or in my checked bag?
  •  

Denise

You won't have any problems especially with the Dr note.  I suggest, if you can, bring what you need in both carry on (you might lose it) and checked (the airline might lose it).

Where are you going?  Any chance you'll be in the Chicago area?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Ryuichi13

I agree with the doctor's note and placing it in your carryon luggage.

I'm sure you're not the first person to have a prescription of T to come to the US.  But your best bet might be to check the TSA's website to see what their rules are on medications.

Good luck!

Ryuichi

•  

LizK

I would carry some in both and ensure its in the original packaging with your name on it along with the script.  have flown with narcotics before and its always an interesting time when you declare it at customs because its the last thing they expect to hear. However having said that I had absolutely no real issues I did have the agents at Sydney airport take forever to bring them back to me( 30 minutes)...no explanation just slid them across the counter and said that's for your time...I still don't know what the hold up was because in every other case they checked out the labels the scripts and then gave them back to me.

Liz 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dani

In the US, testosterone is a controlled drug. That means that it is in the same category as Valium, Xanax, and Codeine products. This is because many years ago athletes who wanted a performance enhancing boost would inject testosterone from non-medical sources. The real problem came when the jocks went into "Roid Rage" and their behavior got them into trouble with the law.

It is absolutely mandatory that your vial of testosterone have the pharmacy label with your name, your doctors name and the name of the drug on the bottle. Sometimes a small vial can be placed in a larger prescription bottle, but the pharmacy label must be on the exterior container. A doctors note may help, but the absolute requirement is that the bottle must be properly labeled by a pharmacy.

I cannot repeat this too many times. Controlled drugs in the US must be properly labeled and if your medication is injectable, syringes and prep pads should be in their sterile package unopened. You should only carry enough syringes to administer the amount of testosterone you are bringing with you.
  •