Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

MY FFS RECOVERY: 2 WEEKS POSTOP

Started by riccimilano, April 02, 2019, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riccimilano

Well, let me just jump right in. I'm only 2 weeks postop. Here is the list of my procedures: 1) Type3 Forehead Contouring 2) Brow Bossing 3) Rhinoplasty 4) Chin Reduction/Contouring
Let me run down what stage of recovery I am currently in... The top of my head is swollen and scabbed from the removed staples. My forehead is swollen and numb. My eyebrows/eyelids are swollen, numb and barely bruised at this point. My nose is swollen, numb, crusted and congested. My mouth is stitched and swollen. However, I have noticed that a lot of the stitches are dissolving. My bottom lip is swollen, numb and subtly resting to the left. My chin is swollen and numb. Thankfully, I am finally starting to see my face reemerge. I am very happy about that. Is anyone else going through FFS Recovery? Have a few questions: When will I be able to smile again? Right now it's really tight and awkward. How long before I can breathe through my nose? This congestion is so annoying. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  •  

Dani

I had my FFS about 18 months ago. My surgeries were similar to yours, but no chin work for me.

At two weeks in, I was able to drive and breathe through my nose. It took me a full month to be up and about and the shape of my nose did not settle down to the final shape for about a full year. The nose is always the last to fully heal.

However, we all heal at different rates so just keep up your dressing changes and you will heal soon enough.
  •  

V M

Hi riccimilano  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LizK

Hi riccimilano

Welcome to Susan's, Hope you enjoy your time here  :icon_wave-nerd:

There are lots of great people with valuable experiences and only too happy to share them with you.

Take care  ;D

LizK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •