Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Recent posts in regard to Saudi Arabia and Islamic culture

Started by Cindy, April 13, 2019, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Over the last few days we had a new member post about her experiences in Saudi Arabia. I an deeply disturbed about some of the replies that she got.

It matters not on the validity of the person posting. That is a separate issue and has been dealt with.

There were posts that are contrary to TOS and to the spirit of the Forum and to what Susan's stands for.
I am unhappy with the bigotry and unacceptance of others.
I am unhappy with the casual disregard of belief that is foreign.
I am unhappy with the intent of the posts to belittle and disregard the culture, religion and acceptances of others.

I do not agree with the culture in Saudi Arabia.
I do not agree with what is happening in the USA but I do not denigrate it or those who do.

I also find it unsettling that an identified Islamic follower in a foreign country has been hounded. This comment stands true no matter the validity of the poster.

It worries me that they complained about intolerance from some members here and I find that complaint justified.
That is deeply disturbing and upsetting.

I expected more from a community that suffers so much intolerance in our daily lives and non-acceptance from others.

•