Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What do you look like? POLL

Started by jesse135, April 18, 2019, 02:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse135

Biology class last year taught me that supposedly people with recessive phenotypes are more likely to be male. As someone born a caucasian "female" with dark blonde hair and blue eyes (like my dad), I am curious

Thoughts? What are your phenotypes? (Is this allowed? I'm just curious. This proves nothing absolutely but I think it'd be interesting to see the diversity in our forum)
  •  

Ryuichi13

Minus the cosplay, that's me in the icon pic. 

Dark brown hair, brown skin, brown eyes.  I'm mostly African-American, with Native American and a smidge of Irish. 

However, I do have some Native American features, I found out when I went to an Indigenous People's Day celebration a while back.  I went to a table that was hosted by Sioux Native Americans (which I am part, along with Cherokee and Cheyenne), and except for the nose and the skintone, it was like looking in a mirror.  We stared at each other, then talked for quite some time.  Turns out they might have been cousins!  I wish I had gotten their contact info. 

Ryuichi 

•  

Kylo

Blonde hair and blue eyes are indeed recessive.

My grandmother was blonde haired and blue eyed, I believe. My parents were brown haired and one had blue eyes, the other green.

I was very blonde haired until middle age. I believed the blond genes skipped a generation as they're wont to do. My hair turned quite suddenly dark after 30, to a medium brown. I wasn't even aware of it as I'd been dyeing my hair for many years and hadn't seen the real colour grow out until then. I think it had something to do with my natural hormone levels, and my issues with E. Dominant E is known to darken hair in women and I abused my E pills because I had a problem with "the blood". This is probably why my hair turned darker over a couple of years in mid-life.

At this point my hair is brown and my eyes are blue-green. I have central heterochromia, which means two colours in the eye, with a different colour in the centre around the pupil. Mostly dark blue with a lighter green ring in the center of each iris.

I'm white European, obv. Of Welsh, English, but mostly Scottish and Irish descent. Pale as all hell because I do not like exposing my skin to the giant fusion reactor in the sky very much.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

F_P_M

Mostly european stock here, majority british in fact.

Dark brown curly hair (it has a reddish tinge so auburn?), very dark brown eyes (nearly black), very pale skin.

Of ancestry i've been able to trace I know there's English, Cornish and Scottish and French.
There may very well be Spanish somewhere too but I haven't found them yet. I hit a dead end on my dad's side with the geneology research, but my mother's side are very very much Scottish/Cornish right back to like the 1500s.

I got the curls from my mother's side and probably the reddish tinge to my hair as well. My dad's side have black hair (unusual for white brits). I have my father's very dark eye colour though.

Another random interesting thing is that I have B+ blood which apparently quite uncommon in people as whitey whitey mc white white as I am. Go figure.
  •  

jesse135

Ryuichi13 African-American, Irish and Native American? What a cool mix! That is so funny how you can find your "twin" in another race. I love when that happens to people! Is there no way for you to find their info?
  •  

jesse135

Kylo same here with the white skyball. Blonde hair blue eyes european and my hair is darkening and I just turned 31. (Hence...going back to school for some answers while thinking of physically transitioning finally)

Is that you in the photo? What are your issues with E, just, having it? Also, I had no idea E could darken hair with time. That's so crazy. My hair was starting to get darker and it was really weird, to me. Did your hair eventually lighten with time or no?
  •  

jesse135

F_P_M I've actually never seen nearly black eyes before personally. I am so curious... what is Cornish? I am also French. Curly...is dominant I believe? (I had to look it up...yes) So that makes sense your curls would come from your mom's side as an overall appearance. Sorry....I'm starting to find biology just so cool....

You just reminded me I need to give blood soon! Yeah, B+ is not very common. My sister has some rare blood too so I guess mine will be too. I still do not know my blood type. Feelin' stingy with all this stuff roaming around my body and other people may actually need it. Did you have to give blood in order to find your type?
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: jesse135 on April 18, 2019, 05:43:12 PM
Ryuichi13 African-American, Irish and Native American? What a cool mix! That is so funny how you can find your "twin" in another race. I love when that happens to people! Is there no way for you to find their info?

Here in the US, many African-American people have all kinds of other races mixed in.  Slavery and all that, although my family on my Mom's side has been free since 1817 (the farthest back we could trace.) 

I don't think the Sioux lady was a "twin," I think she was a cousin.  After talking with her for quite some time, we figured that we might be something like 5th cousins.  My Dad actually used to spend summers wth cousins on a reservation as a kid, but I don't know which one.

I doubt if I could find their contact info.  That encounter was back in 1992. 

Edit: jesse135, in case you were wondering, I too have dark brown, nearly black eyes. They look similar to these:

I also found this interesting article:

https://owlcation.com/stem/rare-eye-colors

Apparently, true black eyes don't exist.

Ryuichi

•  

jesse135

Ryuichi13 Great link; biology is cool. Oh, I live in the US too. That's super cool about the discovery of a distant cousin. When you get a multitude of people who look similar, who have lived in one area for a large amount of time and they may be all related, or close. 1992 was a while ago, curious how one might find someone from that long ago  ???
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: jesse135 on April 18, 2019, 02:35:59 PM
...someone born a caucasian "female" with dark blonde hair and blue eyes (like my dad), I am curious

Similar but not the same. AMAB.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: jesse135 on April 18, 2019, 10:03:18 PM
Ryuichi13 Great link; biology is cool. Oh, I live in the US too. That's super cool about the discovery of a distant cousin. When you get a multitude of people who look similar, who have lived in one area for a large amount of time and they may be all related, or close. 1992 was a while ago, curious how one might find someone from that long ago  ???

Oh, the distant cousin and I don't live anywhere near each other.  She lived in Wyoming, if I remember correctly, and I lived in Cleveland, Ohio.  We met in Cleveland.

To be honest, my family is scattered all over.  Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, Connecticut, California.  I even have family in Tokyo, Japan.  Sure, we may have grown up in one place, but as adults with families, we're kind of everywhere now. 

I wouldn't try to find my distant cousin, it was more or less a one-time meeting.  But, we might be having a family reunion in 2020, it would be cool if she showed up for that!  ;D

Ryuichi

•  

LaRae

Well I'm a literal Heinz 57 genetically, everything's in there but the kitchen sink, lol. Every group but Asian & Hispanic. But I'm predominantly African, Italian, and Norwegian.

All I know is I have olive/tan skin (though I desperately need sun atm), & brown hair that hangs in tight ringlets, with a touch of brassy blonde to it. I also have Hazel eyes. I don't have the slightest idea which of those traits are recessive or not.
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."
  •  

KathyLauren

That's me in my avatar pic.  The hair is artificial.  Everything else is real.  My ethnicity is Scottish and German.

The association between recessive characteristics and gender is really only true for characteristics coded on the X chromosome, such as hemophilia.  Characteristics coded on the other chromosomes would have gender distributions very close to 50-50.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

I have dark brown eyes and had dirty blond hair (love that description). Now I have dark brown hair courtesy of Loreal. Split evenly German on Mom's side, English on Dad's. Medium complexion.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

MeTony

Mom says I have ash blonde hair. I'm no good at colors. It's not dark brown. I can see that. Lol.

My eyes are a mix of blue, green and brown.

My blood type is AB- if that is relevant.

Born Finnish. But my bloodline is a mix from all over northern Europe. Germany, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden.  And Finland of course.

Tony
  •  

SeptagonScars

My profile pic is me and my natural, undyed hair. I have very light skintone (with olive undertones, but looks red-ish cause of acne scarring and superficial blood vessels and whatnot), ashy dark brown hair (looks almost silvery sometimes) and mossy green eyes. But as for my hair, my beard actually has a lot of light blonde strands, something like 10-15% of it, terminal hairs. My eyelashes and brows have a few blonde strands in them too, but on my scalp and other body hair it's solid brown.

Although I was born with blue eyes, they turned green when I was around 10 years old. I know green eyes are rare, but science hasn't really figured out why or how people get that eye colour. I dunno if that's recessive or something more akin to mutation? Also noticed (by trying to find makeup that matches me) that very light olive skintone is rare for caucasians as well.

Most of my relatives that I've seen have/had brown hair and blue eyes, except from a few blondes and one (male) cousin who's ginger.

I'm Swedish and most of ancestors dating quite far back are/were Swedish and Finnish, but I also have a lot of central European blood mixed in, mainly Germany. Nothing non-caucasian though, as far as my father has found through researching my family tree as far back as late medieval times. So I think I can quite surely say I've basically only European blood. Which I think is actually quite boring. Except I think it's nice that I have a German surname that comes from no one knows how far back, on my father's side.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Julia1996

Interesting. I wonder what I'm supposed to be. I'm albino. I'm weird looking. Snow white skin and hair and weird pink/lavender natural eye color without tinted contacts.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

AllazandraTelsar

Fair skin with some light tanning on my arms that seems to be permanent, so white but not pale. I have blue eyes. My hair was blond at birth, but turned dark brown. Ancestory is mostly a mix of English, German, and Irish.

Blessings,
Alla
  •  

DebbySoufflage

I'm a petite blonde with curly hair.
Round face shape, Roman nose, tiny ears, big lips, pale skin.
I'm Canadian originally, from Montreal but I have jewish descent.Everyone keeps telling me that I look like Jewish actress Regina Spektor.
I was amab.

Luv,
Debby
  •  

CodexUmbrae

So, I'm Mexican, and my mother's side is completely Mexican. Though, my biological father is German and his genes probably took over for the most part. I was conceived by insemination, my father is actually Mexican too, btw. The thing with Mexicans is, it's quite hard to trace anything back. We are pretty much a mix, mostly Native and Spanish.

I have straight-ish dark ashy blond hair, grey eyes with partial and central heterochromia (left eye is partly orange and both, but mostly the right eye, have a yellow ring around the pupil) and a light skin tone (yellowish undertone? dunno, though my face turns red really easily, specially by the sun). The only thing it seems I inherited from my mother is her height: I'm really, really short.

My blood type is A+, if it matters. Got it from my father, since my mom's is O-.
  •