Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Asking again- has "your smile changed" after FFS?

Started by GlobalPessimum, April 25, 2019, 08:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlobalPessimum

I asked a similar question in a different thread but I managed to confuse the issue- many apologies.

The following is a FAQ item from my surgeon's website, it's about chin reduction:

QuoteQ: Is it possible for the lower lip to move upwards after a chin height reduction? Does the smile change?
A: Yes, if you reduce the height of the chin and you suture the muscle well, the lower lip moves upwards.

Has anyone else heard of this before? Has anyone experienced this as a result of a chin reduction?

Again, apologies for asking twice. I won't do it again- promise. :eusa_silenced:
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone - John Maynard Keynes.
  •  

Quinn

I have not had FFS yet so cannot answer this question for you hopefully a kind person that has knowledge of this will help you out
  •  

Michelle_P

Yes, my lower lip is now higher.  I also had an upper lip lift, with an incision just under the nose to raise the upper lip a few millimeters, so that when I smile I now show only the upper teeth, and a bit of the gum line.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

I guess if they say it's possible in writing then I would say yes.

I had a very recessed chin so I got a implant and a lip lift.  Not the same as a chin reduction.

Most people that go under for FFS also get a lip lift.  It can/will make one look more feminine.

Who is the surgeon?  I'd like to read their site.  I don't see how a chin reduction could do that without some sort of mid face lift..
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

GlobalPessimum

Thank you for your replies ladies. Keep them coming!

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on April 25, 2019, 03:23:01 PM
Who is the surgeon?  I'd like to read their site.  I don't see how a chin reduction could do that without some sort of mid face lift..

It's Bart van de Ven. The FAQ is on this page (scroll down near the end):

https://www.2passclinic.com/ffs/chin-recontouring/
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone - John Maynard Keynes.
  •