Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

T injections and effects on fibroids

Started by Snowdoggy, January 10, 2008, 03:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdoggy

Righty, where do I start.

I need a bit of help on 2 subjects.

Firstly, shortly after I started on T I had a ultrasound scan which showed I had a very large fibroid. I wasn't that surprised as although it is said that they are not hereditary most of the female bodied people in my family have had this problem. My doctor told me that there was no need to worry as the Testosetone will shrivel this fibroid and that fibroids feed on oestrogen and therefore it will diminish with the hormone treatment over time. Basically what I need to know is has any other ftm had a fibroid and if so:-

a) Can it effect your serum testosterone level in any way?

and

b) Am I better off having the fibroid removed especially if it can effect the T injections or am I better off waiting until I have a hysterectomy or Oophorectomy and get it all done at the same time?

C) When your Testosterone levels drop towards the end of the dose towards when you need the next injection can it cause it to grow again and cause stomach and lower back pain (similar to pmt pains but much stronger).

The second subect I would like to ask you guys is what the highest levels of your serum testosteone level tests are but I  think that is a question I am not allowed to ask that on this forum. Is that correct?

I am not self medicating but I am being treated at a hospital at Leeds and my original endocrinologist left and they got a guy who filled in for about a month and then he left after switching me from Sustanon (which they previous doctor had just about levelled) to Nebido (which I have had no tests since as he left before they came back) and I have asked my phsychiatric nurse what to do re the problems I have been experiencing re the fact these injections are supposed to last for 12 weeks but do not appear to be doing so.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
John
  •