Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Insurance coverage

Started by Kristianvoorhies, May 11, 2019, 07:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristianvoorhies

Hello, it's been a while since I posted. I've everywhere online to find out if my health insurance covers transitioning but I could not find any definite answers. The way they describe what's covered and what's not is extremely vague. Heres what i found so far, any prescription or procedure that I deemed medically necessary and that is Medicaid approved is covered. I don't know about anyone else but that is very unhelpful to me. My question is has anyone experienced similar problems? Is this common? And what should I do? My therapist has been wonderful.
  •  

Maid Marion

I get annual physicals from a doctor that belongs to a medical group.  There is someone on staff who knows what is covered and what isn't based on claim history.
  •  

Gertrude

Contact your plan administrator. Where I work only hormones are covered and that's new. Because it's a state job, the healthcare plan is managed through the state and I live in a red state, which has no trans protections. The place I work does as it's a school, but they can't change the policy for staff. Funny thing is that students that get a plan through school have coverage for trans related procedures. Some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Kristianvoorhies

Ok thanks for your advice.
  •