News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Mass General Trans program questions

Started by Adrianna86, May 15, 2019, 11:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrianna86

Hey all!
I am beginning the process of getting my bottom surgery scheduled, and I have some questions about Mass General and how they are.
My insurance shows Mass Gen as an in-network hospital and has already stated that they'll cover me there. However I have heard/read many mixed reviews about the Dr.'s there....Has anyone on here been there or can give me some first-hand account on how they are?
I would LOVE Mt Sinai to do my surgeries (I am also looking to get FFS, and both places do both) and if I fight, I can get mt sinai covered, but it'll be a battle....
So, can anyone share stories/reviews/accounts of how they are there?
  •  

Devlyn

I had my orchiectomy with Dr Oates. I'm thrilled with the results, and the experience. I was living in Weymouth at the time, so the idea of a twenty minute ride home from surgery was appealing.  :)

I documented my whole experience in this thread. I had some issues during healing as you'll see, but everything worked out fine.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Adrianna86

Hi Devlyn
Thanks for your reply!
I had my orchi performed at Dartmouth last october. It was a great process. Now, I'm on to the next step! thank you for your input and I'm sure your blog posts will be helpful!
  •