Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Insurance and Prior Authorization for T?

Started by abruptlyjunkless, May 15, 2019, 05:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruptlyjunkless

This might be too specific, but has anyone else had any issues with your insurance asking for Prior Authorization every single time you wanna fill your T script? I live in Massachusetts and have MassHealth and I just think it's so weird that they make me wait a few days for PA to go through even though I've filled the same exact script before. Maybe it's just an annoying and transphobic(?) thing that my insurance does, I don't know.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: abruptlyjunkless on May 15, 2019, 05:43:24 PMThis might be too specific, but has anyone else had any issues with your insurance asking for Prior Authorization every single time you wanna fill your T script? I live in Massachusetts and have MassHealth and I just think it's so weird that they make me wait a few days for PA to go through even though I've filled the same exact script before. Maybe it's just an annoying and transphobic(?) thing that my insurance does, I don't know.
@abruptlyjunkless
Dear Abruptlyjunkless:
          I see that you have had become a member of Susan's Place and had submitted your very first posting here on the Forums.

Please know that I am not trying to sidetrack your post and the questions that you asked but  First Things First ... you need to be officially welcomed and given important information and rules about the Forums that will help you to have a good experience here.   
           Other members will be along soon to exchange thoughts and comments with you about your questions.

As you continue to post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Devlyn

Hello from another M>-bleeped-<! Welcome to Susan's Place!

I've never heard anything about prior authorization on my E prescriptions, only when it came to surgery. I go through Fenway Health, I think they're the best. See you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@abruptlyjunkless
Oh, and another thing Abruptlyjunkless...
Please plan to write a brief introduction in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will you have your thread back so that the exchange of conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: abruptlyjunkless on May 15, 2019, 05:43:24 PM
This might be too specific, but has anyone else had any issues with your insurance asking for Prior Authorization every single time you wanna fill your T script? I live in Massachusetts and have MassHealth and I just think it's so weird that they make me wait a few days for PA to go through even though I've filled the same exact script before. Maybe it's just an annoying and transphobic(?) thing that my insurance does, I don't know.

I don't have to go through that every single time, but when I first started T, I did have to have a PA.  Not since, but then again, I live in Connecticut.  I simply have to show my driver's license every time I get my 3 months supply.  Not a big deal since it is a Schedule III controlled substance.  That, and the price are the only reasons I can think of as to why they would do that.

I'm guessing that the rules for having a T 'script are vastly different for Massachusetts than for Connecticut.

Maybe it's time to ask your endo why having a PA every time is necessary.

Good luck!

Ryuichi 

•