Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

HRT appointment set.

Started by snbab, May 16, 2019, 01:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snbab

I have my HRT(mtf) appointment with Planned Parenthood in Pasadena Ca. Wed June 12th.
Was told they do all bloodwork right there. And if they have my prescription on hand, will be filled there.

I feel a bit bemused, just like, I waited all this time, and it will be that simple.
I also feel l am ready, let's get started on this new chapter in my life.

Oh, they also asked what name I wanted to be used and what pronouns to refer to me by. This is one more example of how to be treated respectfully.
  •  

Shay9999

That's fantastic! This is definitely a huge step towards this new chapter for you. I'm so proud of you. And from one California MTF to another, this state has a lot of awesome stuff for social transitioning. Like you can get your birth certificate amended to reflect your new gender!

Oh, also, like estrogen really messed with my mood and over the first year definitely made me more sensitive. So, like, try not to snap too much at your friends and loved ones. It's okay to cry and stuff.

Edit: Removed curse word and changed a statement to sound better.
If you ever feel like you're unloved, message me. Reach out to me. Seriously. I love you. I'll listen to everything to need to say. I'm running on California time, and I'm a full time student, so if you're expecting a reply, please be patient. But I'll always reply. Thinking of you.
  •  

AnneK

Congratulations.  I've been on HRT for just over 4 weeks and can tell you you'll feel much better for it, assuming it's right for you.

My process was slightly different from yours.  I just told my doctor I wanted hormones and was referred to an endocrinologist.  He gave me the prescription and a blood test requisition, which I took to a lab across the street from the hospital where his office is.  I then went to my pharmacy to get my magic pills and started on them as soon as I got home.  Some people here have mentioned they were hesitant to take that first pill, but I couldn't take mine soon enough. I'm now always looking forward to the next one.! :)

After about 3 weeks, I started noticing changes in my breasts.  They are definitely growing and a bit firmer.  My nipples and areola also seem to be growing.  Also, while I can't be certain, I think my testicles have started shrinking.

All in all, you should find the experience enjoyable!
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

snbab

Quote from: Shay9999 on May 16, 2019, 01:47:15 AM
That's fantastic! This is definitely a huge step towards this new chapter for you. I'm so proud of you. And from one California MTF to another, this state has a lot of awesome stuff for social transitioning. Like you can get your birth certificate amended to reflect your new gender!

Oh, also, like estrogen really messed with my mood and over the first year definitely made me more sensitive. So, like, try not to snap too much at your friends and loved ones. It's okay to cry and stuff.

Edit: Removed curse word and changed a statement to sound better.
My birth certificate is from Florida, not sure thier requirements, but not even looking that far down the road. I need to wait and see how big and/or noticable my body changes will be, before I consider changing any gender markers.
I will try and remember to be on guard for being more sensitive. Thanks for the heads up.
  •  

snbab

Quote from: AnneK on May 16, 2019, 05:56:14 AM
Congratulations. 
All in all, you should find the experience enjoyable!
Thank you.
I sure hope so.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: snbab on May 16, 2019, 09:00:37 AM
Thank you.
I sure hope so.

According to what I've read here and elsewhere, you'll soon find out if hormones are appropriate for you.  If you feel better, they are.  In my case, there is absolutely no doubt they're appropriate for me.  I'm enjoying the changes I'm noticing in my body, especially breast growth.  So, you should soon be enjoying these changes.  My next step would an orchi.  That requires a year on hormones and 2 evaluations, so I'll have to see what happens.  Do you have similar plans?
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

snbab

Quote from: AnneK on May 16, 2019, 09:08:56 AM
According to what I've read here and elsewhere, you'll soon find out if hormones are appropriate for you.  If you feel better, they are.  In my case, there is absolutely no doubt they're appropriate for me.  I'm enjoying the changes I'm noticing in my body, especially breast growth.  So, you should soon be enjoying these changes.  My next step would an orchi.  That requires a year on hormones and 2 evaluations, so I'll have to see what happens.  Do you have similar plans?
I tried Pueraria mirifica, liked the results, that actually gave me incentive to go for real HRT, doctor monitored and prescribed.
So, I am ready mentally and emotionally for the changes to come from HRT. Time will tell how I do interacting with others, and how long I can to hide my physical changes.
I do not foresee any surgery for my self. However that may change later.
  •  

Danielle Kristina

Congratulations!  I'm going to set my first HRT appointment very soon.  Can't wait!  Congratulations once again!!!

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Wendi

Planned Parenthood was great for me to get my perscription. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

•