Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Planned Parenthood Florida to provide hormone therapy

Started by Jen61, May 16, 2019, 07:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bea1968

Planned parenthood of SW Florida has been offering hormone services for the last year in two.  I plan to visit my local office in a few weeks.

Bea
  •  

Jen61

That's cool. Good luck with everything.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

yep, my local office started during the year before I went in. My first visit I was answering their questions, not the other way around .. they had a few misconception :D I have only been to PP. My first hormones were prescribed Mar 2018.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Linde

Does anybody know what they charge?  They do not accept anything hat is connected to Medicare, and i would have to pay out of pocket, but my current endo does not take my insurance either, and he charges a lot!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jen61

I think the article said $250.  A little steep but, I assume it's for 3 months. Please don't take my assumptions to heart. It's only what I've assumed from what I've read.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jen61 on May 16, 2019, 09:55:19 PM
I think the article said $250.  A little steep but, I assume it's for 3 months. Please don't take my assumptions to heart. It's only what I've assumed from what I've read.

You are correct, it says between $250 to $350 depending on income.  But it does not say what you get for this money for what time.  If this is per visit, they are not really cheaper than my current endo, and would not be affordable by low income patients!

•  

Faith

Quote from: Jen61 on May 16, 2019, 09:55:19 PM

Quote from: Linde on May 16, 2019, 11:41:12 PM
You are correct, it says between $250 to $350 depending on income.  But it does not say what you get for this money for what time.  If this is per visit, they are not really cheaper than my current endo, and would not be affordable by low income patients!

currently I go once every 3 mo for $275 which covers the appointment and a blood test. I've seen the cost of a blood test when you are uninsured, I'll stick with the PP cost. FYI, I do not have insurance that will cover anything gender (as in transitioning) related, it is all out of pocket.  They do take insurance if you have it.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 17, 2019, 05:24:45 AM
currently I go once every 3 mo for $275 which covers the appointment and a blood test. I've seen the cost of a blood test when you are uninsured, I'll stick with the PP cost. FYI, I do not have insurance that will cover anything gender (as in transitioning) related, it is all out of pocket.  They do take insurance if you have it.
I contacted planed parenthood in Fort Myers a while ago, because I could not find a endo who is experienced with trans issues and accepts my insurance (Humana Medicare Advantage plan).  They told me that they will not take any Medicae based plan, and it will be all out of pocket for me.  For me it is cheaper to pay my endo out of pocket, because he wants to see me only every 6 months, and my blood work is covered by the insurance.  I need blood tests quite frequently, because I am diabetic, and they do the entire lab to show any blood values, including hormones.

•