Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

You know you're a woman

Started by Aurelia, May 20, 2019, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'Amalie

Quote from: Rhonda Lynn on May 27, 2019, 10:04:23 AMI read the list and knew that it wasn't to be taken too seriously. Some things I relate to and others I don't. Cis women aren't all alike and neither are we.

As far as nails go, when I first transitioned I spent a lot of time on my nails and did like how they looked. But as a mechanical engineer often needing to use hand tools, it was very difficult to keep them looking nice. And, I noticed the other engineering women generally didn't do very much with their nails. A few used clear polish and some just left them natural. One cis-woman friend, an electrical engineer, and I went out to lunch one day commented on my nails and said "yours are pretty - I gave up on my nails a long time ago..."

At some point my nails just stopped being a priority.

I do like the smell of my guy.  ;)  And, even better, I like the feel of his muscular arms.

Agreed!  as I get older the nails aren't as important.  Very expensive to keep them up, but neat and tidy is okay and then they don't split or chip so much.  Even house cleaning would spoil a good manicure!
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

LoriDee

I can relate to a lot of these. I do enjoy doing my nails, and hate banging them on something. I can't cook and I hate laundry. I don't "need" a man and have lived alone for almost ten years (by choice). My doctors describe me as "asexual transfeminine" but that is only because I am not out looking for a date. I'll take the sweaty man for sure, or not. My world does not revolve around sex.

I think the realization for me was many of the "mirror" quotes. Those resonate with me. There have been many times when hair and make-up just seemed to click and I looked in the mirror and said, "Hey! I know her. That's me and I look great." No doubt in mind mind. I am woman. Now if I could just figure out those fitted sheets!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Stereotypes for behavior aside, I think I have turned out okay.  I was not born with the right body but I can appreciate, experience, look, and be treated as a woman. I wish that I was more convincing (total male fail) with a melodic voice but I am happy.

I wish each of you much happiness.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •