Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I have found the (religious item of your choice) of SHOES!!!

Started by Ricki Wright, May 23, 2019, 10:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricki Wright

One of the best things I enjoy now that I have been reunited with myself is that I can rejoice and revel in SHOES!!! No I do not have a fetish for shoes. It's an addiction. Don't judge.

The benevolent maker, in all Her wisdom, has blessed me by shrinking my feet 1.5 sizes since starting HRT. This puts me at a 9.5 women's shoe where I used to wear a man's 9.5 since I was 12 (I am now a man's 8). She has also reminded me that nothing worth having is easy, and has left the width at a 4e, or XW, in women's shoes.

All of my shoes are too big, so I have been activly looking. I found A (singular) pair of running shoes that fit...for $168 US. Needless to say, I chose not to buy them. For the last two months I have been searching online and it feels like I am in some form of Shoe Tartarus Hell. I keep reaching for the pretty shoes only to have them run away saying "Not your size! Ha ha!"

After months of agony, She has taken pity on me.

BEHOLD!!!! I have found Amazon Prime! You can search for shoes by SIZE!!!! I have been adding things to my wishlist like a Mom on Pinterest planning a wedding!
-
-
-
TLDR version: If you are finding it hard to find shoes in your size, try Amazon and search by your size.

Happy shopping!

Ricki

At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Colleen_definitely

"I see you are searching for a women's 12, perhaps you would be interested in a bunch of things not available in that size"

-Amazon's search algorithm

Then to add insult to injury they're either not going to actually be in stock, or the person packing the boxes is going to grab the first box they can grab (10 times too big), toss in a couple of those air pads, and UPS or USPS will manage to destroy the contents prior to delivery.  I can't really fault the packer since they're treated like robots and packing faster than the next person on the line is the only way to keep their job.  I'm really grumpy with amazon right now due to being jerked around with this sort of stuff lately.

ShoeShow has been pretty reliable for me though.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on May 24, 2019, 07:30:47 AM
"I see you are searching for a women's 12, perhaps you would be interested in a bunch of things not available in that size"

-Amazon's search algorithm

Then to add insult to injury they're either not going to actually be in stock, or the person packing the boxes is going to grab the first box they can grab (10 times too big), toss in a couple of those air pads, and UPS or USPS will manage to destroy the contents prior to delivery.  I can't really fault the packer since they're treated like robots and packing faster than the next person on the line is the only way to keep their job.  I'm really grumpy with amazon right now due to being jerked around with this sort of stuff lately.

ShoeShow has been pretty reliable for me though.

Yes, I too do not favor Amazon. It's just that I have been unable to find an alternative. If anyone out there has ideas on how to find wide shoes I am all feet.

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Kate.claire

If you have the money to spend... I'd plug True Gault. I've got several pairs from them. They don't do sizes, you take a bunch of pictures of your feet on a sheet of paper, then they custom make shoes for you. I have a pair of 4 inch heels that I wore all week,  even dancing. They fit like a second skin. I did find the patents a little tight, but they will take them back for free and remake them until they fit.

Btw, to put in my category of impossible expectations to wait for in HRT, what was the time frame of your foot size change? I'd love to get down to an 11 from 12, the style choices are exponentially higher.
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

herekitten

Shoes!  GLORIOUS Shoes!!  Mine is not only a fetish, it is an addiction.  I buy shoes, I give away shoes, I collect shoes, I buy shoes just to look at.  Almost all my outfits are shoes first, then the rest of the outfit is planned around them. My sisters are the same way. The want for shoes may have developed because we a large family and some of us got hand me downs.

I buy cheap shoes, affordable shoes, expensive shoes and when I was younger, I would get the man of the moment to buy me couture shoes and yes! have sex with your sexy shoes on.  My favorite pair are ankle boot type from Spain and made of the softest ivory suede with laces. I've never worn them.  As I've grown younger, I'm a little more careful about what I'm buying shoewise, but sometimes I give in and hide them from my husband -- lol.

Enjoy your shoe quest and happy hunting.
It is the lives we encounter that make life worth living. - Guy De Maupassant
  •  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Kate.claire on May 24, 2019, 12:35:59 PM
If you have the money to spend... I'd plug True Gault. I've got several pairs from them. They don't do sizes, you take a bunch of pictures of your feet on a sheet of paper, then they custom make shoes for you. I have a pair of 4 inch heels that I wore all week,  even dancing. They fit like a second skin. I did find the patents a little tight, but they will take them back for free and remake them until they fit.

Btw, to put in my category of impossible expectations to wait for in HRT, what was the time frame of your foot size change? I'd love to get down to an 11 from 12, the style choices are exponentially higher.

About 4 months on HRT, my wife took me to jc penny's 45% off sale to get some much needed girl jeans. As I was walking thru the mall my shoes were slapping the floor like clown shoes, or at least that is what they felt like. We ducked into a store and used the size plate and my wife looked at the numbers and said, "You are still a 9.5...oh wait, that's women's!". I was an 8 in mens. I have encountered a lot more trans women who have not seen a change in shoe size than who have. ymmv.

I hope it works out well for you!

Ricki
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

krobinson103

I used to be a size 11 in mens shoes. Now Its more like 9.5 and a 10-11 in womens fits well. My feet are still wide though so I need to look for wide sizes 10 wide isn't so bad to find though at the right store.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

CarlyMcx

There is a shoe store in Brea, CA that specializes in extra wide shoes for men and women.

Unfortunately that is little help for me.  Even though the hormones took 1.5 inches off my height and two inches off my shoulders, my feet are still the same size— men's 10 or women's 11.5.

Finding shoes is always a bit of a hunt but the rewards are sweet when I find the right pair.

Hugs, Carly
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Linde

I was a female 11 wide to 12 at the beginning of HRT.  It now seems as if standard 11 are getting a little big.  11 w are definitely to large for me now!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Linde on May 25, 2019, 08:06:36 PM
I was a female 11 wide to 12 at the beginning of HRT.  It now seems as if standard 11 are getting a little big.  11 w are definitely to large for me now!

I do believe in fairies! I do I do I do believe in fairies! <checks feet for width reduction>
Wash
Rinse
Repeat
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Ricki Wright

HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Rhonda Lynn

I swore that I was going to slow down on shoe and boot purchases but then I found these on Poshmark. So, I mean, you can't blame me, can you?

•  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Rhonda Lynn on May 30, 2019, 01:53:45 PM
I swore that I was going to slow down on shoe and boot purchases but then I found these on Poshmark. So, I mean, you can't blame me, can you?

My therapist on Monday last recommended poshmark to me as well. There is zero blame, only happiness for you that you can wear open toed shoes.

Ricki
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Rhonda Lynn

Quote from: Ricki Wright on May 30, 2019, 04:06:20 PM
My therapist on Monday last recommended poshmark to me as well. There is zero blame, only happiness for you that you can wear open toed shoes.

Ricki

I'm pretty sure that serotonin levels go up every time we open one of those packages with a Poshmark shipping label. We really ought to be able to deduct it as a medical expense.  :laugh:
  •