Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Did transitioning change your color preferences?

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 10, 2024, 06:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Prior to transitioning, my color preferences were rather boring. It was blue jeans, sneakers, and a solid color polo shirt. I never wore black clothing.

After? Wait, there's more than 8 colors, and you can combine them?! Florals? Tie dye? Although I'm not a fan of orange, beige, and lime green, I love bright colors. Black is also a favorite. Wildly colored leggings with a black top, or black leggings with a bright, colorful top is a quick, simple clothing choice.

I used to wear rather boring colors and blend in with the crowd. Now, I love to be noticed.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Oldandcreaky

Unlike colorful Jessica, I wear black, brown, and olive. They're the dirt-hiding colors! Even then, I manage to stain my clothing.
  •  

Maid Marion

I now buy and wear brightly colored clothing.  A lot of pink and florals.
  •  

Donica

Pre-transition I preferred plain light blues and white. Post-transition I still like light blues and white, but now pinks, lavenders, and light color florals. I mostly gravitate to white laces. I've been looking for brightly colored leggings with multi patterns in my size. I'm a tall girl, so I need a 34-inch inseam. Long Tall Sally's doesn't seem to be all that big in bright multiple colors.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I do not think so, except for perhaps some more liking to pastels.
Light makeup.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •