Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Athena's ramblings revisited

Started by Athena, January 14, 2024, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athena

I am just posting here to restart my rarely updated blog. There is nothing much new with me. I hope to get my username changed to Athena which is the name that I am changing to in real life. I have to call sevice ontario friday or so to see how the process is going for my birth certificate. Maybe on monday or tuesday I will try to call GRS Montreal to see when I might be getting the call to arrange my surgery date.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Northern Star Girl

@Athena (aka: previously... White Rabbit and Julie-h)
I am so very glad to see that you have returned to get your Blog thread going again. 

GOOD NEWS: Your screen name and member name are now changed as you requested to Athena

I will be eagerly looking forward to seeing and reading your postings here on your Blog Thread
and around the various threads around the Forum.

HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: Athena on January 14, 2024, 02:43:35 PMI am just posting here to restart my rarely updated blog. There is nothing much new with me. I hope to get my username changed to Athena which is the name that I am changing to in real life. I have to call sevice ontario friday or so to see how the process is going for my birth certificate. Maybe on monday or tuesday I will try to call GRS Montreal to see when I might be getting the call to arrange my surgery date.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Susan

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

Athena

•  

TXSara

With all the name changes, I'm going to have to keep a cheat sheet!  White Rabbit --> Julie --> Athena.  Got it!  ;D

Congrats on the official name change, Athena!

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

Athena

I was listening to Jefferson airplane when I made the account then I decided that I wanted to use Julie as a name because it had special meaning to me but was convinced to not use that name and choose a different name. I had my friends daughter help me choose my name and we came up with Athena Sophia Katz. I'm still waiting on my birth certificate but it's in the works.
  •  

Athena

Well its official as of today according to the government of Ontario my name is now Athena Sophia Katz. They are sending out my name change certificate tomorrow and my new birth certificate probably in a few days.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Athena on January 24, 2024, 12:32:03 PMWell its official as of today according to the government of Ontario my name is now Athena Sophia Katz. They are sending out my name change certificate tomorrow and my new birth certificate probably in a few days.

Awesome! Congratulations, Athena!!!

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Athena

•  

Athena

So I got my birth certificate Wednesday and changed the rest of my provincial ID's now I just have to wait for those to come in before I can change my federal ID's.

Jessica_Rose

Yea! I highly recommend updating name and gender as quickly as possible once that become an option. It sounds like you're well on the way to getting this taken care of. Having all of your identity paperwork matching your desired name and gender is extremely important. It's difficult to know if open doors will suddenly close. I hope the rest of the paperwork goes smoothly.

Love always -- Jess
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Athena

Just got my new driver's license now I am just waiting on my OHIP card then I can worry about changing my federal id's

Jessica_Rose

That's great news Athena! Getting all of those documents changed seems like a daunting task at first, but it really feels good when it's done. I wish you continued success!

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Athena

•  

tgirlamg

Athena!

Congrats on the flurry of on-site and legal name changes!... It certainly is a good feeling to be "official" 💕🤗💕

Onward Brave Sister!

Ashley 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Athena
Regarding your official name change ... yes indeed, it is very good news and
it very affirming for you to have your desired name on official documents and licenses.

Wishing you well as you continue on in your journey... and please keep your
updates coming.

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Athena

This is part of the message that I just sent to my doctor. I received a letter from the ministry of health that I found kind of odd seeing as I have only been classified as female by the Ontario government for about 5 weeks now.

"On a lighter note I have been classified as female by the Ontario government for the last 5 weeks or so. I just today I received a letter from the ministry of health. I must regretfully decline their kind suggestion that it is time to get a PaP smear. Seeing as I do not yet have a vagina nor am I likely to ever get a cervix."

LoriDee

LOL!

I had a new nurse asking me routine pre-exam questions. She asked when I had my last period. Looked me in the eye, smiled, and said, "Right. No uterus." We both got a laugh out of that.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Athena

•  

Sarah B

Hi Athena

Congratulations on changing your name and some of your documents, I wish you all the success in the future in changing the remaining documents.

What Jessica has written in the following quote, is extremely sound advice.  Change all the documents you can possibly do.  It will save you a lot hassle in the future.

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 04, 2024, 04:52:54 PMYea! I highly recommend updating name and gender as quickly as possible once that become an option. It sounds like you're well on the way to getting this taken care of. Having all of your identity paperwork matching your desired name and gender is extremely important. It's difficult to know if open doors will suddenly close. I hope the rest of the paperwork goes smoothly.

Love always -- Jess

As Danielle says and I agree with her.

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on February 15, 2024, 06:32:56 PM... it very affirming for you to have your desired name on official documents and licenses....

I would also like to hear more on what is happening in your life, especially changing your name on those documents.

Take care and all the best for the future.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •