Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Transgender golfer Hailey Davidson pushes back on 'misinformed hated'

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 22, 2024, 06:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Transgender golfer Hailey Davidson pushes back on 'misinformed hated' amid outrage over win on women's tour

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/transgender-golfer-hailey-davidson-pushes-back-on-misinformed-hated-amid-outrage-over-win-on-women-s-tour/ar-BB1h2aRd?cvid=57b82e1fdbde4d9a98df8874a1a49518&ei=4

Story by Ryan Gaydos (21 Jan 2024)

Transgender golfer Hailey Davidson reacted to the backlash over her victory earlier in the week at a tournament on the NXXT Women's Pro Golf Tour.

Davidson won the NXXT Women's Classic in a playoff. Davidson wrote on Instagram the win put her in first place in the race to earn an Epson Tour exemption.

"It's crazy the amount of misinformed hated I have received so far today," Davidson wrote. "All of these people (think) I hit it 300 yards or even 280 yards. How about 250 on a good day."

The LPGA Tour removed its "female at birth" requirement in 2010. Davidson began hormone therapy treatments in 2015 and underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2021, Golfweek reported in May 2021. According to the outlet, Davidson last competed as a male at U.S. Open local qualifying in 2015 at Admiral's Cove in Jupiter, Florida.

"Most importantly though, thank you to absolutely everyone who has supported me from my fellow competitors to all of you that I may or may not have had the chance to meet yet," Davidson wrote. "Thank you all for helping me wade through any hate and making me feel loved."

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •