Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Have you tried body shaping garments? Corsets?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 25, 2024, 07:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you tried body shaping garments? Corsets?

Are they helpful, comfortable, and did they actually give you an inch or so of curving?

If you tried corsets, did your body revert to its usual shape after you stopped wearing them?  I heard they give you shape but really just when you are wearing them.  That is, you really cannot train your body into having more curving even if you wear them for a number of hours each day for months. Your body then goes back to its usual shape.   Maybe a few ladies can get a curvier shape long term but most cannot.  True or not true?

I do not use any of these. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

I tried a waist cincher. Is it helpful? A little bit. Comfortable? No. I didn't notice much of a difference, especially not with some clothing over it. Maybe a corset would help more, but I guess this will be uncomfortable to the extreme. So never tried that.
  •  

Stéphanie.FR

I did wear a corset dressing in my 20's. It was part of my crossdressing paraphernalia. Buying it was quite an adventure, as it was pre internet days, and I had to go to a special store. I was 22 or 23 at the time, in better shape than today... I never wore it long time, so I didn't probably respect the steps a daily wear is requesting, as I wanted the lacing to be real effective immediately, so I was probably tightening it too much too. It did the trick, creating nice hourglass shape, giving the illusion of a tiny waist and by contrast rounder hips (well tinier from the starting point). But forget about comfort. Our Grand Ma used to complain sometimes their girdle were killing them in the 50's, and their girdles were far from being boned laced corset. I speak at least for first times. Maybe wearing one on regular basis is helping on that point. But you need to learn to move differently, if you don't want to be out of breath :-). It helps for posture then, as it reminds you to keep straight. And for your diet as you find eating large portions is no more an option :-) You may find on YouTube ladies wearing one on daily basis, giving great advices on how to start wearing one. Waist training is usually the key word... it tells a lot about the garment :-). My body used to revert to the usual shape after wearing it. I don't think wearing one on daily basis makes a difference on that point. I hope it answers your questions. Maybe ladies here have more experience than me about it and will tell you more.

Stephanie, X X
  •  

Gina P

I have one of those spandex control garments or underware. The one I like, helps with tucking and stops just at the base of my bra. Compresses my stomach and gives the appearance of larger breasts. . It is not uncomfortable for night out but I would not want to wear it all day. I tried one that had the bra built in but found it compressed my breasts as well. I don't believe there is any lasting effect after I remove it. A good diet would help there.
Gina
  •  

D'Amalie

Experience indicates shapers, corsets, and girdles are temporary enhancements.  I think you'd have to be severe in your regimen, even then, results are questionable.  See some historical research into the corset subject.  Its like feet binding.  Ugh!  Painful! 

Have you noticed that no matter the style of bra, your breasts don't change shape permanently?  Same difference.  if you gain weight, your body deposits where it sees fit, regardless of garment.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •