Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Have you ever eaten at a Michelin Star(s) rated restaurant?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 29, 2024, 09:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you ever eaten at a Michelin Star(s) rated restaurant?

Was it a good experience?  Was it worth the price?  Was this a one, two, or three Michelin Star restaurant?  What country was this restaurant located?  Did you return for another meal there?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

imallie

We have eaten at several.

More one stars than I can probably recall, but I believe only two two stars.

Yes, we have greatly enjoyed all of them - some have been the most memorable meals of our lives. They are clearly indulgences, and in choosing restaurants it's vital to look at the menu and make sure it speaks to you. Don't just go to a highly rated place if it's not the kind of food you enjoy or if you are not an adventurous eater.

Going to a Michelin star restaurant affords you the opportunity to try the best version of something. You will know whether you like it or not, no doubt that it wasn't prepared well.

One quick note - there are amazing restaurants everywhere, but Michelin stars are only given to places in cities in which there is a Michelin Guide. So, for example, there are some great places in Boston, but no Michelin star restaurants because there's no guide yet.

New York City (where almost all of our Michelin star experience is), FLA (we had a two-star experience in Miami), DC, as well as CA and IL have Guides in the US at present.
  •  

Jenn104

Yes! I did about a month ago.

My daughter in Manhattan took me to the single star Korean fried chicken place on the upper west side. Mad stupid good chix and waffles, albeit a little off beat.
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Well my special treat day at a R Robin last week was pretty good. Not a fancy place but good!  Lots of different burgers they had, that is for sure!

I would give it a star but not a Michelin star of course.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

imallie

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 11, 2024, 01:44:42 PMWell my special treat day at a R Robin last week was pretty good. Not a fancy place but good!  Lots of different burgers they had, that is for sure!

I would give it a star but not a Michelin star of course.

Chrissy

There's lots of great, not fancy restaurants - just need to know where to look.

If you're in NYC - try Los Tacos #1 in Chelsea Market. AMAZING food! And it'll set you back all of like $10 😉

Michelin star spots are something different, though.

Last summer we did the Korea tasting menu at Kochi in NYC. They just earned a star last year and it's well-earned. We will be back!
  •