Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sad today

Started by Melody Rich, February 01, 2024, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody Rich

I should have been happy.  I just got a new shirt, which was so beautiful.  I usually don't care so much how I look as much as how I feel.  Yet, I saw myself and I looked like a tick after a good meal.  It was so hard to enjoy anything after that.  I just hate my body so much.

Athena

Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Melody

Welcome to Susan's, I noticed this is your first post here, I hope you can find what you are looking for.  We at Susan's listen to what you have to say and are prepared to help you in anyway possible.

Everybody feels happy and sad, I would suggest you go and do something that will make you happy in regards to yourself and the end result you will be happy.

It would nice if you could tell us a little bit more about yourself, if you feel comfortable in doing so it will be very much appreciated by me and by others here on Susan's.

Take care and looking after yourself

Best wishes and hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: TXSara

Northern Star Girl

@Melody Rich
Dear Melody Rich:
I am so very happy to see that you have just registered for a member account
here on Susan's Place and the Forum.
I wish to give you my warmest WELCOME.

Regarding your statement about hating your body...  as with just about every
member here that is or has been traveling in their transition journey...our
bodies are a work in progress. While our minds are sometimes way ahead of our
body appearance in how we view our gender preference. It is not a quick fix
to get you mind and body aligned in a positive way. 
Mirrors and cameras in the earlier stages of transitioning are not our friends!!!

Women have so very many clothing choices and in the ways they fit your body.

Now that you are a member here, take some time to look at and read many of the
posting and topics from other members.... you will quickly find that you are
not alone with what is going on in your journey.

Your will find this a friendly, safe, and encouraging place to safely share
your thoughts and comments... and as you become more involved with reading
other's postings, submitting your own postings ... and as you feel comfortable
doing, you can exchange your comment and thoughts with other members.
You will most likely find like-minded members here that have your same thoughts
and experiences.

Again, I wish to Welcome you to the Forum.  I am eagerly looking forward to
seeing and reading your future postings.

So that more members are aware of your presence here please consider posting
your brief introduction...  Please click the following Link and start your new topic.
                            INTRODUCTIONS
      ---> https://www.susans.org/index.php/board,8.0.html  

You should also look at the following LINKS that I have included at the
end of my message to you... you will find information that will help you
to navigate safely around the Forum.
Look closely at the LINKS in RED... there you will find answers to questions
that new members usually ask.

NOTE:  You will not be able to use Forum Messaging and you won't be able to
upload an Avatar/Profile photo until you reach 15 posting.

If you have questions, please feel free to E-mail me at northernstargirl@susans.org

I will be looking to seeing your around the Forum.
Warmest Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Things that you should read

Quote from: Melody Rich on February 01, 2024, 05:26:09 PMI should have been happy.  I just got a new shirt, which was so beautiful.  I usually don't care so much how I look as much as how I feel.  Yet, I saw myself and I looked like a tick after a good meal.  It was so hard to enjoy anything after that.  I just hate my body so much.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Melody Rich on February 01, 2024, 05:26:09 PMI should have been happy.  I just got a new shirt, which was so beautiful.  I usually don't care so much how I look as much as how I feel.  Yet, I saw myself and I looked like a tick after a good meal.  It was so hard to enjoy anything after that.  I just hate my body so much.

Melody, when I started my journey I was certain that I would be an ugly woman, but I knew I could no longer hide my truth. Hopefully you can find a way to express yourself and get some relief. There are many others on Susan's Place with similar backgrounds, and hopefully you'll find something here that helps.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Melody Rich

Quote from: Sarah B on February 01, 2024, 05:37:33 PMHi Melody

Welcome to Susan's, I noticed this is your first post here, I hope you can find what you are looking for.  We at Susan's listen to what you have to say and are prepared to help you in anyway possible.

Everybody feels happy and sad, I would suggest you go and do something that will make you happy in regards to yourself and the end result you will be happy.

It would nice if you could tell us a little bit more about yourself, if you feel comfortable in doing so it will be very much appreciated by me and by others here on Susan's.

Take care and looking after yourself

Best wishes and hugs
Sarah B

Thank you for the welcome and your kind words.  I added an intro under that category.

Susan

Melody, it takes immense courage to share these intimate struggles for the first time. Please know that you are in a safe, non-judgmental space here.

It's understandable to feel depressed or unhappy with your body sometimes. Many of us have been there too. You are not alone.

While these feelings are so painful, they do not define you. Your inner light outshines any imperfections you perceive on the outside.

In time, self-love and self-acceptance are possible, even if they feel far away now. Be kind to yourself throughout this journey of discovery. You deserve support and understanding.

We are glad you found your way to this community. Here you can open up at your own pace without fear of rejection. You will find empathy, compassion and wisdom from those who have walked similar roads.

Your story matters, Melody. As you connect with others on this path, I hope you will gain strength, reassurance and a sense of belonging. Sending gentle thoughts your way.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

imallie

Hi Melody - and welcome!

Hopefully, once you're feeling a bit better and the dust settles... you'll look back and only remember today as the day you bought a beautiful new shirt.

Oh, and you found a whole new family to boot, here at Susans!

So... all in all, not bad for one day, right?

Love,
Allie

Colorado Girl

Hi, Melody! I think it's safe to say that every single person from every walk of life has looked in the mirror and said, "I hate how I look"! What's important to keep in mind is how you look to yourself in your minds-eye when you slip on that new shirt or new skirt or whatever the case may be. If you feel beautiful inside, you ARE beautiful - and that beauty will always be evident to those who love you.

Keep the faith, sister!
Hugs!
Shawna
  •  

LoriDee

Hi Melody,

Sorry, you are feeling down. Change is difficult. It is against our nature. Try not to be too hard on yourself. It's not so much how you look but how you feel. You are among friends here. Smile!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Jessica_K

We all have days like that regardless how long we have been transitioning or have transitioned. We are our own worse critics and see each and every flaw. Sometimes we can do something to improve how we look, other times it's fate. But everyone is beautiful inside and project that beauty in many ways to others without knowing. Believe in yourself, find things you like about yourself and concentrate on the positive. And as for that new shirt I do not need to see it as I know you look wonderful in it.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•