Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi all, I'm Naomi

Started by Naomii, February 12, 2024, 08:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naomii

Hi there! As the title states, I'm Naomi. It feels amazing to say that to myself, to be honest.

For as long as I can think back, I've never felt correct with this 'maleness' I was assigned, and after 30-some-odd years of self-hate and so many unknowns as to my feelings and future, things started clicking. Last year, I embraced who I am for the first time in my life. Put on a dress, bought so much makeup, and so much more.

Living in a small southern town, you can imagine support is far and few. My SO is understanding and supportive, which is amazing, though not as helpful as one might think XD. In doing it all solo and slowly, I've been stuck on eyebrows, terrified to try doing mine and then have to go shopping, lol.

The one person I could seek advice from (mom) won't have anything to do with me, so here I am, searching the net and talking to strangers (please laugh at that) like we were all told not to. I type all this with smiles and hope in that I can progress to my goals and live my life as the person I know I have always been.

Devlyn

Hi Naomi, welcome to Susan's Place! There's no such thing as strangers, only friends you haven't met yet!  :)

I'm going to give you our standard welcome pamphlet to get you off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn

Things that you should read

imallie

Welcome Naomii! Glad you found us, and hope you find what you're looking for here! People are friendly, helpful and supportive!

Hope too that maybe you are able to find someone IRL, like a therapist, to speak to if/when you are ready!

Love,
Allie
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Naomi,

Welcome!  I had an unusually supportive wife but I had to be very careful in avoiding the minefield of her own issues.  I would suggest talking with your SO to set ground rules and sticking to them!

Marion
  •  

Susan

Dear Naomi,

It's wonderful to hear from you and to learn about your journey of embracing your true self with such openness and honesty. Your courage in acknowledging your identity, especially in an environment that might not always offer understanding, is both inspiring and commendable. It's a significant step to recognize and live as the person you've always known yourself to be, and doing so after many years of self-reflection and challenges is incredibly brave.

Living in a small southern town can indeed present its own set of challenges, where support may seem scarce. It's heartening to know that your significant other is there for you, offering understanding and support. Even when support comes in forms different than we might expect, having just one person in your corner can make a profound difference.

When it comes to personal transformation, shaping your eyebrows and finding the right hairstyle are indeed impactful changes that can significantly enhance how you see yourself and influence how others perceive you. These adjustments can serve as powerful expressions of your femininity and individuality. I understand the apprehension about trying something new, especially when it involves your appearance. It's okay to approach this journey one step at a time. Many online tutorials can guide you through the process gently, allowing you to start with less permanent methods, like filling in your brows with makeup. This approach lets you experiment and find what works best for you without the worry of making a lasting change before you're ready.

Reaching out and connecting with others, even if they are strangers on the internet, is a brave and positive step towards building a supportive community. The world is filled with people who understand, support, and share similar experiences. Laughter, connection, and the shared human experience are vital components of this journey.

Your story is filled with hope, resilience, and the pursuit of authenticity. Continue to embrace who you are, celebrate each step forward, and know that you're not alone in this. The path to living as your true self can be challenging, but it's also incredibly rewarding. Here's to your continued progress, happiness, and the fulfilling life you deserve.

Warmest regards,
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

tgirlamg

Welcome Aboard Naomi!

Congrats on moving towards the building of a new life that will be a better reflection of you!... The good news is... it can be done!... all fears and  all challenges can be overcome!... let Hope carry you forward for there is much to be hopeful about!... amazing discoveries await you! 🤗

Onward We Go Brave Sister,

Ashley  😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Brooke Renee

Hi Naomii and Welcome! 

I think you will enjoy your experience on Susan's, lots of amazing women just like yourself work their way through this journey of self acceptance. 

Oh girl, that makeup thing is a journey within a journey!  I finally reach the proficiency where I could remove the "Days without stabbing myself in the eye with a mascara wand" ticker. 

Again, super happy that you joined us! 

Warmly,

Brooke
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Naomi

Welcome to Susan's, I hope you find what you are looking for here. Susan's Place certainly helped me understand myself a little bit better.

I had nobody to teach me 35 years ago on how to apply makeup, I learnt on the fly and now all one has to do to learn is look it up on YouTube.  You have it so easy now.

It's nice to see a new face. (you can laugh at that).

Take care and all the best for the future
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •