Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi. I'm Aleks

Started by Pink_Prince, February 12, 2024, 09:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink_Prince

Hi! I'm Aleks, or Aleksandar, Sasha, AJ, or literally any nickname for Aleksandar. I've been out as a trans man for about 5 years, soon to be six. Despite not having the funds for any physical changes, I've been doing my best.

I'm fully out at my college, where I'm majoring in psychology with plans to become a college professor after earning my PhD. I plan to continue this openness as I transition to grad school in just a year. Both my extended and close family are aware of my identity.

My realization about being a boy came officially at 14, though I shared this feeling with my mom as early as 6. Overall, my family has been generally supportive of me being trans. We've encountered a few hiccups along the way, but nothing we couldn't manage.

Anyway, that's a brief overview of my story.

Susan

Welcome to the forum, Aleks! It's truly inspiring to see your journey and openness about your identity. Your courage to fully embrace who you are, both in your personal life and academically, is commendable.

It's fantastic to hear that your family has been supportive, and navigating through the hiccups is all part of the process toward understanding and acceptance.

Pursuing psychology with the goal of becoming a college professor is an admirable ambition, especially with your unique perspective, which will undoubtedly enrich your future students' learning experiences.

We're excited to have you here, sharing your story and insights. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and your achievements in psychology and beyond. Welcome aboard, Aleks!
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

ChrissyRyan

Welcome AJ!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Pink_Prince
Dear Aleks:

I am always happy to see new members come to Susan's Place and the Forum.  I see that you have already been warmly Welcomed and Greeted by our site founder Susan
Please permit me to also give you  :icon_flower: A BIG and Sincere WELCOME. :icon_flower:

You will find this site a friendly, safe, and welcome place that you can discuss your life endeavors with other like-minded members here.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you to safely navigate the
site and be aware of the available features. 
The LINKS in RED have information and answers to questions that many new members may ask.

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, and post
an Avatar/Profile photo... until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and
the Forum, please feel free to contact me at my Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Warm Regards,
Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

imallie

Hi Aleks! Welcome! What a great story! You sound goal-oriented with a great support structure... that's about as good a situation as anyone can ask for. Hope everything continues going the way you want!

Really hope you enjoy being a part of this community! 😘

Love,
Allie
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Aleks

Welcome to Susan's, I hope you find out more about yourself here on Susan's, I certainly did.

When you graduate and start working, you will be able to achieve far more than you ever did before.

I look forwarded to hearing more about yourself and your journey.  Take care and look after yourself.

Best wishes for the future.
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •