Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Utah official censured for falsely suggesting teenage girl is transgender

Started by Devlyn, February 16, 2024, 05:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Utah official censured for falsely suggesting teenage girl is transgender

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/utah-official-censured-falsely-suggesting-teenage-girl-transgender-rcna139062

Matt Lavietes   Feb. 15, 2024

Utah Board of Education member Natalie Cline will be stripped of her committee assignments and prohibited from attending some board meetings.

Utah's Board of Education voted to censure one of its members and called for her resignation on Wednesday after she appeared to falsely suggest a teenage girl was transgender on social media.

Natalie Cline, the censured board member, posted a flyer for a Salt Lake City high school basketball team on Facebook last week, suggestively writing: "Girls' basketball..." Although the post was later deleted — and it was revealed that the girl is not trans — Cline received a chorus of criticism from Utahns across the state last week, including from Gov. Spencer Cox.

Cline did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but she criticized the board before its unanimous vote was made public. She described the process to oust her as "election interference" and criticized the board for what she characterized as a rushed decision.

"The @utboardofed is moving so quickly that they are making it impossible for me to read through all the materials they have provided, gather evidence, draft a response, and prepare for a hearing," she wrote on Facebook Wednesday. "Hardened criminals get better due process than I am being provided."

The hypocrisy of complaining about due process just blows my mind. How much due process did she extend to the teenager involved?
  •