Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Did you ever find something really cute to wear but it was too big or small?

Started by ChrissyRyan, February 18, 2024, 05:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Did you ever find something really cute to wear but it was too big or too small?
It is a frustration that has happened to me a few times.

I get over this disappointment by reminding myself that over the years I managed to get a nice wardrobe.  Enough really is enough.

With all this online information though sometimes I could find in stock what I wanted at another store location. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Heck, yes.  All the really cute stuff is way to small.  I save a ton of money that way.  I already have a lot of nice clothes.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LoriDee

Oh my, yes.
A few months ago, I was shopping on Amazon. I have found some nice boots, jeans, and such and wanted some nice sweaters. I find these adorable things and I can't resist. The price was right, so I bought three: one each of pink, brown, and black.

They arrived with each one wrapped in cellophane that was covered in Chinese writing. I take the first one out and I don't even have to try it on. Small is an understatement. I checked the tag. I ordered XL and the tag confirmed it is XL. I think the Chinese Translation is "Extra Little"! I have a neighbor with a 9-year-old daughter, so I gave them to her. They fit perfectly! And they still look adorable on her.

I have learned that I really have to carefully check the actual size chart, convert cm to inches, and then puzzle over how XXL means a 40" bust. What? I'm 46" and don't qualify for XXL. ??? [sigh]
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Jessica_K

All the time, usually dresses that look horrid on me but look sooo cute. I never buy on line and always where possible try it on.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx

The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Paulie

Oh yes, all the time.  I usually buy off the clearance racks or at goodwill.  So that limits returning for a different size.

I bring a small retractable cloth tape measure which helps a lot. Unless I ignore it when something is real cute, and that usually doesn't work out well.  :(

Pauline.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Some clothing that I like I realize it would look much better on a hourglass figure. 
I do not mean a size 4, I mean nicely proportional.

So I sigh and look for the next eye catching garment.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_K

I have one dress that I bought that I have never worn, but it has potential if I lost weight. I almost got there before Christmas but put the weight back on again. Will try to lose weight again when my mind is into it, at the moment I need comfort food lol

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

LoriDee

Quote from: Jessica_K on February 20, 2024, 12:58:28 AM.. Will try to lose weight again when my mind is into it, at the moment I need comfort food lol

THIS! I am a sucker for a donut. Or two. Or three. Can't let them get stale. Nom nom nom.
Hi. I'm Lori. I am a Donutaholic.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Jessica_Rose

The most frustrating item for me is footwear. It seems most companies don't make 'cute' footwear larger than a size 11 -- I need size 13. The only place I know that regularly carries women's size 13 footwear in Nordstrom Rack.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Maid Marion

I remember routinely buying snacks at a Payless store. 
At the very front of the store they had shoes and snacks!
It was only until I visited sites like this that I realized why the shoe department was located there!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Got a delivery this weekend.  The new shorts are fitting well but the top is so clingy I  think I will return it for the next size up.  I suppose I could wear this around the house but it leaves nothing to the imagination in terms of what my figure is above my navel.

Chrissy
  •