Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Just a girl from Colorado!

Started by Colorado Girl, February 19, 2024, 07:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Girl

Hello! My name is Shawna (AKA Colorado Girl). I live between Denver and Colorado Springs, and I'm a "sixty-something, fun loving gal who this past July began an amazing "later-in-life" transition (HRT, electrolysis, the works) to finally LIVE as the person I've always been on the inside! I hope to make wonderful friends here on this forum and be an example that we're never too old to begin life anew!  :icon_flower:

Jessica_Rose

Hello Colorado Girl, welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

I lived in Monument for 15 years!

There is a lot of cold darkness in the world, but the warm glow of acceptance will never fade here at Susan's Place. We strive to make this this a safe place to find information, and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are non-binary, others realize they are transgender, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the spectrum. No matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features.  Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica Rose
Global Moderator

Things that you should read

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Miharu Barbie

I envy you, Shawna. You have a wild adventure ahead of you! I look forward to learning more about your adventures.

❤️
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!

Susan

Welcome, Shawna!

It's a pleasure to meet you, Colorado Girl! Your introduction warms the heart, and it's truly inspiring to hear about your courageous journey. Beginning your transition later in life and embracing your true self with such positivity is a beautiful testament to the strength and resilience within you.

This forum thrives on the diverse experiences and stories of its members, and yours adds a rich layer to our tapestry. We believe it's never too late to live authentically, and your story is a powerful reminder of that truth.

We're looking forward to getting to know you better and supporting you through your journey. Here's to making wonderful friends and sharing in the journey of discovery and self-love. Remember, you're among friends who understand and celebrate your journey.

Welcome aboard, and may this forum be a source of strength, friendship, and joy for you. 🌸
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

tgirlamg

Welcome Aboard Shawna!... kudos and congrats for recognizing that your life will never truly be your life until a few changes are made!... This new direction in life is always better late than never!!! ... Amazing discoveries await! I look forward to hearing and watching as your new life blossoms for you! 🌻

Onward We Go Brave Sister!!!

Ashley 😀💕🌻

PS... I lived in Westminster in 1999... Love CO!!! 💕🤗💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

LoriDee

Welcome aboard! Same age here, and glad to have you here.
I went to high school in Loveland, and have lots of family in the area. I was stationed at Fort Carson for 18 months in between two assignments to Germany. One of my favorite places was Seven Falls. Beautiful scenery and LOTS of exercise to see it all.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: LoriDee on February 20, 2024, 08:18:53 AMWelcome aboard! Same age here, and glad to have you here.
I went to high school in Loveland, and have lots of family in the area. I was stationed at Fort Carson for 18 months in between two assignments to Germany. One of my favorite places was Seven Falls. Beautiful scenery and LOTS of exercise to see it all.

@LoriDee

Hey Sister!

I stayed in Loveland for a month when I was going to "bomb school" for UXO training... I loved sneaking up to Estes Park for lunch at The Stanley Hotel on our one day off every week!... I'm in the 60's club too! 63 in a couple months but, feeling like I am 30 (with a few extra decades of wisdom thrown in Lol) 💕🤗💕

Onward We Go Brave Sister!

Hugs!

Ashley  😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

LoriDee

Love the Stanley Hotel! Spent a LONG night there ghost hunting. LOL
For breakfast, The Egg and I was the best place. They had three locations, but my Dad said some were closed. Great food.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Colorado Girl

Thank you SO much for welcoming me, my beautiful sisters! I knew this forum was different from others I'd experienced in the past (no names...lol). I'm so looking forward to the rest of my life and my time with all of you. At the moment I'm waiting for my subscription to be processed thru PayPal (it's been "pending" for a couple of days)...I'm excited to post my picture and become an actual member! Until then, hugs to you all!

PS - LoriDee - I'm a treasure hunter and metal detectorist, so I guess I'm a gold digger too!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Susan

LoriDee

That is awesome!

I have two metal detectors that I use. I have a Garret AT Gold machine that I use for nugget hunting, or in creeks and streams (it is waterproof) to locate lead shot. Usually where I find lead has collected, I find gold there too. I also have a Falcon MD-20 handheld machine that I use for checking cracks and crevices.

What do you use?

2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Jessica_K

I add a welcome too, I am a Brit that also loves Colorado. I have visited it 3 time now, and hoping I can come again this year. Favourite areas include Estes Park and the mountains, Durango for the trains. Mesa Verdi, and Denver itself. 

It's never ever to late to be yourself being a septuagenarian myself.

Welcome welcome

Hugs sister
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Paulie

Welcome aboard Colorado Girl.  Lots of us 60 something's here, you should feel right at home.

Warm Regards,

Paulie.
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Colorado Girl

Welcome to Susan's I hope you enjoy your stay here.  I have learned so much here and I hope you do to.

A journey begins with a single step and you have taken that initial step.

Take care and tell us your story I for one will appreciate it.

Beat wishes and hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Brooke Renee

Welcome Shawna!! 

We are so happy you joined us on Susan's!  Some of my most cherished memories are from exploring Colorado, areas out near Basalt and south around Ouray, such a beautiful place! 

Warm Hugs Girl, glad you are here! 

Brooke
  •  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Colorado Girl

Quote from: LoriDee on February 20, 2024, 10:10:34 PMThat is awesome!

I have two metal detectors that I use. I have a Garret AT Gold machine that I use for nugget hunting, or in creeks and streams (it is waterproof) to locate lead shot. Usually where I find lead has collected, I find gold there too. I also have a Falcon MD-20 handheld machine that I use for checking cracks and crevices.

What do you use?

I use a Garrett Ace 250 and and OLD White's Prizm III (the first machine I bought years ago)...they both still work great!
  •