Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Introduction to Grandma Amanda

Started by Grandma Amanda, March 03, 2024, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandma Amanda

Thank you for allowing me to join this wonderful community. My name is Amanda Evelyn Ward I am a non binary gender fluid person who is 42 years old who dresses as a grandma as that is who I see when I look at the mirror. I have been dressing since I was around 11 years old, I am out to certain people and my family know that I dress but it is I know but I don't want to see with them. My sister is the most supportive. I am looking forward to learning and supporting each other. If someone on her sees my picture and we know each other outside of this Fourm, I would love to talk about it.  I am from Richmond, Va. Any questions please let me know.

LoriDee

Hello Grandma Amanda,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

It looks like this is your first post, so allow me to officially welcome you!

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place. We would like to get to know you.

Thank you for posting an Introduction. Maybe later you will feel comfortable starting a member blog and tell us more about your story. We love stories! This site is HUGE, so here is some helpful stuff for you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training

Sarah B

Hi Grandma Amanda

My name is Sarah B and I would also like to say, Welcome to Susan's Place!

We strive to make this a safe place for you and everyone to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey.

Quote from: Grandma Amanda on March 03, 2024, 10:04:27 AMThank you for allowing me to join this wonderful community. My name is Amanda Evelyn Ward I am a non binary gender fluid person who is 42 years old who dresses as a grandma as that is who I see when I look at the mirror. I have been dressing since I was around 11 years old.

You are more than welcome.  There are members on this website who are are also non binary, so you are not alone.  You are not a Grandma you are a young lady.  Mirrors always lie.

Quote from: Grandma Amanda on March 03, 2024, 10:04:27 AMI am out to certain people and my family know that I dress but it is I know but I don't want to see with them.

I know you are out to certain people, including your family.  Who do you not want to be seen with?  It is a little unclear that last part of that sentence you wrote.

Quote from: Grandma Amanda on March 03, 2024, 10:04:27 AMMy sister is the most supportive. I am looking forward to learning and supporting each other. If someone on her sees my picture and we know each other outside of this Fourm, I would love to talk about it.  I am from Richmond, Va. Any questions please let me know.

It is wonderful that your sister is supportive of what you do and we want to support you as much as we can here at Susan's.  You only have to ask.  Years ago I came upon Susan's by chance and I still learned things even though I had been in the woodwork for over 20 years  I have only just come back after an absence of 11 years.

It does not matter how old you are, one can learn something new each and every other day.  I'm sure there might be others like yourself who live nearby and maybe they want to catch up with you as well. 

When you post 15 times you will be able to send a private message to other members on Susan's and you can then exchange information privately to each other.

I like reading other people's stories and I look forwarded to hearing more about your life story.

The image link did not work, I will see if I can find the right code, so I can display the image for you.

Take care and all the best for the future.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  

Colorado Girl

Hello Grandma Amanda! We all see ourselves and express ourselves in a way that "fits" in a very personal way. We're happy to have you here so that we can benefit from your uniqueness as we do with all of the wonderful people who are here - and to share ours with you!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee